Why is my ex upset that I'm not replying?

He knew he wanted to break up with me but requested a break. I ended up breaking up with him &he did not put up a fight.
This was in may.
He keeps coming back and at first I just said I do not want to be friends. I do not want to talk. Leave me alone.
I've been strict no contact ever since &ignore him.
Every couple weeks he keeps messaging me saying "hey" "hey"

Today however, he said hi and of course ignored him.

6 hours later he proceeded to say
"Wow you're still ignoring me. I just wanted to see how you were. You don't need to be bitter"

I gave this guy everything &he treated me like crap. I promised myself I wouldn't give him anymore of my precious time as soon as we broke up&I've stuck to it.

Why is he being so rude&concluded that I am bitter?
I feel so much better now that I'm not with him.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Control freaks hate it when they don't get their way, and the fact he no longer has any say in your life probably drives him nuts. You did the right thing getting away from someone who made you miserable, and now he no longer gets the reaction out of you he used to with his behavior, he's beginning to break down and throw tantrums.

This is very common with people like your ex, and I'm so glad you've recognized you deserve better and how much happier you are being away from someone like that.

You made a clean break and you owe him nothing more. Him trying to guilt you into communicating with him is just manipulation on his part, and it makes him look like a child.

Good for you for moving on and keep on ignoring him and he'll eventually go away. He may be a bit whinny for a while longer, but then expect him to try being nice, and when that doesn't work, he'll be a dick again. But, over time, he'll finally get over it and move on.

Good luck,

• This is spot on @yosimitesam

• Thank you so much for this. I thought so.
      I just don't understand him lol. You wanted out so I'm giving you what you want lol.
      &now thats what I want, I guess he doesn't like it. But thats too bad. I dont care.

• Good for you. It's liberating to realize you're free from the bondage of being in a less than stellar relationship. Sometimes you just have to be away from it for a while, and then you start realizing how much better you feel now you're no longer with someone so draining.

I'm happy for you and wish you the best of luck moving forward.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Just block him and move on. He's manipulative and is checking if he can get you back for another round of abusive relationship.

• He didn't think that you'd actually leave his ass. XD