Ex boyfriends mum is messaging me?

My ex and I broke up about a month ago. I feel it was fairly mutual, though he initiated it. Either way, I'm glad it's over.

Well, I never had a great deal to do with his mother, but today she messaged me on Facebook asking what I'm doing. When I gave her some basic stuff about exams coming up, she told me how well I must be doing, how proud my parents must be etc. then continued to tell me how well my ex is doing.

Like, What? Haha. How should I respond to that? Why is she bothering? I don't want to be rude and ignore the message but...

43

Most Helpful Guy

• "I know that you are proud of your son just as all mothers are proud of their children. However, I am trying to get over our breakup and hearing about him is not good for me. I will promise not to say anything bad about him to you if you will promise not to mention him to me."

Most Helpful Girl

• My partners mother did this.
    He has a brother.
    Him and his ex gurl both cheated on eachother.
    She even faked a pregnancy.

When they officially broke up months later she got pregnant by another guy , and didn't know who the dad was.
    His mom is in daily contact with her and sends her baby clothes

It beats me why these mom's do this.
    Out of respect for my kid I'm not keeping contact with you.
    Me and you were never dating.
    Why should I?

• I think these mom's are looking for a personal void to fill and are reaching towards the wrong people.

• Wow that's weird, his mum needs to step back haha

• Yeah she does :(

What Guys Said 2

• Either she's trying to hook you up with her son, or she just wants to be friends with you. Either way, that's pretty awkward.

• why are you friends with them on facebook if theyre not someone you want to talk to, just say thats good to hear and move on

What Girls Said 3

• sounds like she wants you to get back with her son

• She likes u and may be her son is asking her to talk to u to get back

• She prob see's what a mess he is after the breakup and wants to see if you will give him another chance.. Super weird tho lol