Got dumped. Any ideas on how cope?

I'm desperate.

67

Most Helpful Guy

• Go see some friends. Good friends or people you can chat with. Call your family maybe. I always find speaking to people close to me helps. Keep active and try and do stuff. Dont stay in your room feeling down. indulge yourself... some ice cream... a movie or series you love.

You will be ok... first few days suck but you will be ok! xxx

Most Helpful Girl

• Time will make it better. Don't isolate yourself from your friends or family. Don't be afraid to cry for a while, but don't wallow too much. Thinking too much about it will make it harder to move on. So when you feel like you're ready to quit mourning (which ideally should last a week or two), you can start making yourself busy by hanging out with your friends more or by picking up some new hobbies. Meeting new people (not for dating) could also feel refreshing. Watch your favorite movies or series.

What Guys Said 6

• Involve in some new activities (sports or anything) so that your mind is somewhere else, and try to stay away from guys, lest you "fall in love" with the wrong person in your desperation.

• Go out with friends over the weekend and have a great time. Maybe even take a long weekend and go somewhere and just focus on relaxing the whole time. The only thing that will heal your wounds is the passage of time. Word of advice, go easy on any booze or drugs that you may or may not do. They won't change history and if you lean on them too much you might develop a bad habit.

• You got dumped? Good for you! Now you need to say to him "thank you for everything, including dumping me." Then smile and go out and have doe fun!!

• find something interesting to do like cooking, learn to play a musical instrument, learn a new life skill... you will slowly forget about your ex

• Same last night I got dumped

• how long where you both going out

• 2 years
      we lived tgth

• too many second chances , u know :(

• and its not like he even asks for one more this time..

What Girls Said 5

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a10983-i-choose-not-to-sink-i-am-getting-over-you

I made a mytake on how to get over someone.
    I hope it helps.
    Time is the biggest healer.
    Allow yourself to feel what is natural (different kinds of emotions).
    In due time you will grow stronger.

• We're in the same boat.
    I'm just thinking that if he dumped me he isn't the one, he doesn't deserve me if he didn't take the patience to see the best in me

• Watch some cartoons, talk to your friends/mum/dad/whoever you're close with on the phone, keep busy, go to a party, throw a party, bake with some friends.

• *sings* he's gonna regret that day that he left you, he's going to regret that he hurt youuuuu

• Been there, its not the end of the world, time heals everything.
    Stay busy go out with friends make plans
    dont sit and think u'll get miserable