Is it normal to feel this way after a breakup? I don't want another relationship?

I was in a 6 year relationship, that ended 4 months ago. I've been dating around, and mingling. I'm usually the type of girl who wants a relationship and prefers relationships over dating. But lately I don't want to commit to anyone, I feel like I need a break and some time for myself. I'm kind of shy and I recently had a one night stand, to be honest it was actually a lot of fun. I feel like I need to let loose and have some fun. This is understandable after a break up right? I don't want my "fun" to later on in the future push someone away who I might want to commit too. Guys, would you hold it against your "so" if she had a single phase and did something's during this point in her life? I'm 24 and only have slept with two guys.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Totally understandable and any guy that does care that much about your "number" or whatever other bullshit ideal about how a woman should be isn't deserving of you.

• Thanks:) and you're right it shouldn't matter, but for some guys it does, unfortunately.

• Thanks for most help! Good luck on all your new adventures

• Helpful *

What Guys Said 2

• Nope. What you're feeling is perfectly normal. It takes time to adjust to the new normal, and you're on your way there. I wouldn't let it bother me.

• No, your 24 years old. It's expected

What Girls Said 3

• You should give yourself time to heal emotionally and avoid all the sleeping around. Not because there's anything wrong with having fun, but because it'll make you feel hollow inside and jaded. I mean, it's like drug abuse or excessive drinking after a break up. Just be safe and don't overdo it. It took me over a year to get over a bad breakup. And I was happy I refrained from all contacts with guys.

• We were falling apart for about a year already. We've had many ups and downs, it was time to call off the relationship. I don't completely heart broken, so that why I'm allowing myself to mingle, but I'm not sleeping around because I'm lonely.

• I understand. But like I said, just be safe and don't do things you'll later regret.

• Thank you:) I'm only doing things I feel comfortable doing.

• It's perfectly normal! I'm at the same stage, slept with one pretty hot Spanish dude. It's supposed to be exciting but oh well, guess I'm not quite the NSA type :/

• I'm not the NSA type either but my one night stand was pretty exciting, it was some Australian guy visiting LA. I thought I would feel guilty afterwards but I felt liberated in a sense.

• Who cares what they think. Guys do stuff like this all the time. No ones perfect and by the time you meet him it'll be part of your past. Hopefully you will have made some adjustments by then by taking care of yourself and growing. Focus on yourself, this time should be used wisely, one night stands never solve anything and if done frequently could cause attachment or put you in other bad situations you don't want (std, pregnancy, girlfriend drama etc..)