Deactivating facebook is a good idea after being dumped?

I am attempting to deactivate my account. I dont wanted to be tempted to check on her profile. It really has affected me too much. I dont wanted to see her on social medias...

93

Most Helpful Girl

• Deactivating your facebook and disconnecting from social media in general is an excellent, healthy idea every now and then but especially after a breakup! Facebook tends to enhance unhealthy habits like ruminating over past love interests. So yes, you should either deactivate your FB and use it as an opportunity to reconnect with yourself and the things that mean the most to you in life. Or you could just block her on Facebook and all social media which helps your healing process because you're not constantly reminded of her and her presence. I'd recommend option 2.

• Blocking her sounded really mean.. My conscience can't handle it. I think...

• I would like to tell you something... Can we talk privately?

Most Helpful Guy

• just unfriend her and block her and stuff, make it seem as though you moved on, upload photos of you and chicks!!
    you gotta stay strong my friend

What Girls Said 8

• I really feel for you. But what if she tries to contact you again and wants to get back together?

• She contacted me again last week. Until she ignores again after a day.. I just ask of we can talk things clearly on phone. She is not responding until now...

• That is what I'm doing. I asked if we can talk on phone but she isn't responding. I dont want to call her unexpectedly. I might bother her.

• Did she give you her number? Than she expects you to use it! Give her a call!

• What if she tries to contact you tho?
    Wouldn't it be better to communicate?

• I am trying but she keeps ignoring it...

• by the way, she iniated the contact wishing me a happy birthday and I simply thanked her. The next day I texted her saying how is she and I missed her then she said she missed me too.

• And now things are better or no?

• Yeah , it might help. Though , I think if you block her in all the social media but still keep your accounts as they are would be better.

• Yes, it's a good idea. It helped me get over my ex. Plus, if someone posts something lovey dovey like couple photos it'll just make you miserable.

• No, you just block her.
    Don't disappear because of this, be strong

• Great idea, good insight on yourself, well done

• I'd just block her instead.

• Y don't u block her rather den deleting urself from Fb?

What Guys Said 2

• no because people irl would talk shit to you just unfriend her

• Just unfriend her or adjust your settings do you can't see her. Do this sooner than later for your own good