Guys, if you break up with a girl because you have "personal things to sort out", and she never talks to you again?

She cuts off all contact with you afterwards. How would you feel about that? Just curious how this looks from a guy's perspective and how he might be feeling about it.

5

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty good, because crap lines like "I need to work on myself" are just bullshit excuses you give when breaking up with someone to spare their feelings and make you feel like less of a dick.

What Guys Said 4

• I would feel like ther is no resean to ever talk to her again. If I have things to sort out and that is unexceptable to her (perfectly understandable no one wants to wait around forever) then I would assume that she is already moved on and I would as well.

• It's hard to say...
    Sometimes that excuse is not always true, it can be a bs brushoff...

If it's bs, I would feel relieved and not really care..
    If it's true, it would hurt my ego if she never asked how I was going

• I'd feel like I was the problem and she fixed it would hurt so much but I wouldn't want to be a problem for her

• Generally when a guy tells a girl that he needs time off because " he has things to sort out," it typically means that either,

A. He's done for good

or

B. He's taking another model for a test drive without the intention to purchase.