Should I move on from my ex?

So basically me and my ex have been together for a year. We've been through A lot in just the short amount of time, it has made each other love each other more but also has made some things harder. He is at the point in his life when he's trying to move of careers wise and financially, taking up two jobs and school on top of that. He ended things with me because he said he couldn't give me the attention I needed and deserved, he wouldn't even have time for himself. It hurts because although we ended things we still are in contact with one another. I ask him if he wants to move on and he tells me he doesn't know if he wants me to. If I do move on it won't be with anyone else, I'm not ready to start dating and even consider another relationship. I feel once school starts, that's when I'll feel the distance between us.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• If you broke up, you need to move on and it's not up to your ex to decide. It sounds like he broke up with you in a way that really didn't make it clear that he was breaking up with you; maybe he did that because he thought it would be easier for you, but he probably did it because he thought it would be easier for him.

It is almost always a mistake to back to an ex. If you want to move on, I recently wrote a myTake on getting over a relationship and moving on:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a11176-a-practical-guide-for-how-to-get-over-your-breakup-how-to-get-on

Most Helpful Girl

• you should move on.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should leave it as it is. Give him some space and focus on yourself. Hit up the gym. If a guy wants you, he'll do whatever to keep you. Maybe he does have a lot going on, let him figure out his shit. In the mean time, do you! don't contact him for awhile.