Girls, I broke up with my girlfriend because she doesn't stand up for me when people criticize me in front of her. Was I wrong?

Girls, i broke up with my girlfriend because she doesn't stand up for me when people criticize me in front of her. Was i wrong?

• Yes
  • No
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl

8

Most Helpful Girl

• Why didn't you just talk to her about it. I can understand where she's coming from, if the situation was getting heated and can become a fight, why would she do anything? I don't expect for guys to stick up for me when I'm dating them, but yes it is nice once in a while.

What Girls Said 7

• Is this the man boobs question?

Well, it's a little extreme to break up with her but clearly you are very hurt by her lack of action. Has she always done this or was this the first time? I think you should have given her the chance to redeem herself should another situation arise. Perhaps you feel that her lack of reaction is indicative of how she feels about you overall.

• Did you ask her WHY she doesn't stand up for you?

I think depending on her answer, you may have made a mistake.

• no you weren't wrong. i would break up with my dude if he didn't stand up for me.

thats complele and utter bullshit if he doesn't.

• I think you probably need to grow a thicker skin, my darling.

• I voted no, but it depends on what you were being criticized for, really...

• No. If she cared about you she wouldn't let them get away with that. I know how mad I would be if someone I was dating didn't stand up for me, and how pissed I'd be at my friends for criticizing someone I was dating.

• Why should your girlfriend stand up for you if you can't stand up for yourself

• I can stand up for myself. I just don't want to be with someone who will just stand around and watch while people criticize me