What is the most common reason for unsuccessful relationships?

• Lack of general commitment
  • Unfaithfulness / INFIDELITY
  • Lack of common interest (Falling for looks rather than personality)
    Vote C
  • Religious incompatibility / Contradicting moral beliefs
    Vote D
  • Unrealistic expectations
    Vote E
  • Abuse
    Vote F
  • Other
    Vote G

1014

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted unrealistic expectations because that was the closest to my experience. I would describe it as inability to maintain a respectful attitude in an intimate relationship. Most women just can't seem to keep themselves withing bounds and not impose on a man unless he constantly checks them which was tiresome and not what I wanted.

What Guys Said 13

• 1. personality developments, you find out one person puts on a mask to get you but then is completely different months later once they feel comfortable letting go and it's not always for the better.

Expectations is another, I had a woman break up with me because she didn't think I was ambitious enough even though we got along well. I'm just an average income guy and that wasn't enough for her. (shrug) What can you do?

• Going with unsuccessful because of unrealistic expectations. That's why I feel a lot of relationships fall apart especially when they get to the point of moving in together. From a guy's POV I see women wanting things but not wanting to accept the responsibility that comes with them. Even in my last relationship, she wanted me to be in a higher job position than I currently was (just because) yet when I told her that doing so would mean my schedule was going to fluctuate a lot she didn't like that it would have to. Can't have it both ways. People who make more money typically work more hours. Not everyone can get away with working little and making a lot. People dream of that.

I do see those other things happening but they're usually in relationships that have typically already gone downhill.

• Overlooking good character for superficial traits that won't maintain the relationship long term.

• Joint of unrealistic expectations and lack of communication.

• Bad decisions in choosing their partner/ also loss of interest

• Communications and expectations.

• lack of communication skills and mismatching expectations.

• I think people grow apart or change which leads to these other things

• Unrealistic expectations. People think a relationship, will be all hearts and flowers. Then some day you wake up and wish your partner would just die. You have to work through that to have a successful relationship.

• The two don't trust each other or money reasons.

• pretty much all of the above.

• The reason for unsuccessful relationships in an imbalance in certain wants and needs within the relationship. People have a sexual need, emotional need, and to some extent an intelligent need. If one person isn't satisfied in the slightest in one of these areas, instinctively they'll seek it out elsewhere which in certain cases causes the relationship to fail, if not end before the seeking.

• women being unfaithful all the time

What Girls Said 10

• I think general incompatibility. It's difficult to find people thAt match up to you in the right ways.

• Different expectations and visions as to what each person wants out of the relationship / is willing to put into it.

• I say it's 'Lack of common interest (Falling for looks rather than personality)'

If you have nothing common to talk about, and nothing you enjoy doing with each other besides fucking.. I don't know how it's going to work.

• I'd say lack of communication/interest. But I've noticed every relationship is unique and there can be a lot of different reasons, or an amalgamation of the most common reasons.

• Bad communication.

• I voted other cuz most common reason for unsuccessful relationships is lack of comunication, if u dont comunicate anything to your other half, and say what u feeling or thinking ur not going anywhere.

• I voted A), but I think it is generally "not feeling loved enough".

Although most of the time that just culminates in an unsatisfactory sex life and people start cheating on each other.

• Vote G = To ME = Monogamy is not natural + love is total self delusion

• Miscommunication, or lack there of...

• Different goals in live; incompatible worldviews; boredom; sexual incompatibility; obligations;