When you break up with someone do you want to remain friends with them or do you let them go?

56

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. If they were a really good friend of mine before we started dating then I might try to maintain a friendship. If they were someone I wasn't super close to from the start, then I would just cut off contact. If they were in the same friend group/circle as me, then I would try to make things work so it wouldn't be so awkward during friendly outings. It also depends on the way we broke up. If it was a mutual thing, then I would definitely try to stay friends if they were up for it. If it was a really harsh break-up then I most likely would walk away and never look back on it.

What Guys Said 6

• I've never had a nasty break up so yes I have remained friends. I rarely talk to my exs but every once in a blue moon they'd ask to catch up over lunch or dinner.

• let em goooo

• Let them go. Staying in touch makes it very difficult (if not impossible) to move on. It will impact the next relationship.

• I've been trying to be friends with them but it's been too hard

• It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to be friends with someone you shared emotion with

• I want they desapear from my life

What Girls Said 4

• Let them go. Exes are exes for a reason.

• Let them go. I already have enough friends.

• It's normal to want to remain friends with them but in most cases best to let them go!!

• let them go;.