Girls, Do girls ever want their ex back?

We broke up about 2 weeks ago. We still have frequent talks till 2 in the morning. She has told me that she still wants me in her life, but it had to be as friends for now. The other night she wanted me to tell her a story of us and all the good times that we had and I dont get why she would want me to tell her stuff like that if she still wants me. I feel like she is just hiding her feelings for me. Maybe she just needs some time to think. We just ended on weird terms. Like she said she just didn't want a relationship right now. I'm glad she will still talk to me and stuff, but it is hard not to mention it when we talk on the phone. Any advice for me? What's my next move or step to take?

She's 16 and I'm 18

I also want to add that we talked about sex and stuff the night before we hung out one time. She sounded like she wanted to, but when we hung out, she didn't want to do it. I said that it was alright and everything. Then she wanted to leave because she thought that was all I wanted from her, which I dont. I eventually let her leave. She texted me saying that I forgot to kiss her, so I said wanna come back quick. She said quick. Everything was fine then. Could I have scared her about the future?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• im guessingshes the one who ended the relationship?

advice: let her figure out what she really wants. i mean she wants to be FRIENDS, but she wants to talk about the times you and her had. clrearly she misses you.

your next step or move: dont pressure her to get back together. it will make you look like a desperate ex. and im pretty sure you dont want that. the chick is confused and you mentioning it makes her much more confused...

• Yeah she ended things. That makes a lot of sense. I did talk about US like last week, but that was the last I mentioned it. Do I still ask her to do things as friends? Or does that make me look desperate too? Also she's going through a lot right now, could that have affected things?

• Ok thanks. Cause right now she is at the house of one of her guy friends. Lime do girls do that? The confusion levels are so high right now!

• lol & that's why I minimize my time with them. I'm sure things will play out. good luck.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes. I've felt that way in the past. I think the real question is: do guys ever want their ex back? I've always heard that when a guy dumps a girl, "he always comes back" but my ex NEVER wanted me back. In fact, I spent a lot of time wanting him back but he seemed interested in getting back together for one night only and then he spoke to his friends about it (both of whom were in relationships and dating girls I was friends with) and they told him no so he didn't. Shows how interested he way in the first place,

• I am still interested in her and I think she still interested in me, but maybe she just needs time to think about what she wants. Some people that I have talked look at me funny because they thought it was a really random break-up. Patience is key, but I don't know how long I can wait.

• Well then *that* is your reason. If it's easier for her to not be with you then she doesn't want to put the effort into being with you. Why would you want someone like that? I think you're trying to get someone to tell you the answer that you want to hear. Something like, "Yes, she misses you. Soon she'll profess her undying love to you and tell you what a mistake it was to break up in the first place and that she wants to be back with you forever." Don't count on that. Think realistically–you're broken up. Don't read into what she's doing or not doing. Just focus on you and move on! :)

• You might be right.😧 Thanks.

• I wouldn't mind having my ex back...

• I want my ex back even though he's a jerk. I act like I don't care at all. But I do. He was my best friend for 8 months and I miss him. I don't want him to know how I feel bc if he knew he would get the ego boost he needs and leave me again. So I'm moving on. Good luck to you though! 😊

• lots of them do.