Is it normal to still be so hurt by my ex?

I was living in England and dating a guy for about 7 months. Since i knew no one in England, I got pretty attached to him. He was not only my boyfriend, he was my friend and one of the few people i trusted as my support system. Then things started happening back home in the US, with the family, and I decided I needed to move back home.

Everything seemed to be going well, we even discussed doing long distance. Well about the last month of our relationship. He started becoming more distant and his only excuse was he was busy with work. The last two weeks, he avoided seeing me. He even stood me up on 3 planned dates without even an apology which i had enough of and i finally conforted him about his behavior. He told me through text, that he started "seeing an ex he dated a few years ago." I tried to ask him a bunch of questions about how this happened but i got no answer. He just completely ignored me. Another month later, it was time to move back home and tired one last time to get answers and he replied but still didn't answer my questions but finally apologized for his behavior. He even asked if we could stay friends. By then, i had no intentions of being friends so i just told him no and have a good life. It's been 2 months since being home and i've been getting on with my life. I'm even kind of started seeing a guy but I still feel so hurt when i think of my ex and how it ended the way it did. I'm not sad that the relationship is over, i'm more upset/betrayed that i lost a friend. Even thinking back, he was a wonderful guy until that last month. Is it normal that i get so upset (crying upset) when i think about him? I wasn't like this with other exes.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• It's normal.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, you're not completely over him yet

• I have the same thing. I miss our friendship sooo much. It's sad to lose a boyfriend, but when they're your best friend it's even worse. I'm sorry we have to go through this but things will get better. At least we don't have to see them since we're long distance. It will be easier to get over them.