How do I get over her? Is she really over me? Did she leave me for him?

I was dating a girl for about 6 months and we made each other so happy but then she moved 2 hours away and it got harder. We still skyped every night and I drove to her at least once a month but a little more than a week before our 6 months she became distant and then when I started talking about our anniversary she said she wanted to break up because the distance was too hard. I just said I was fine and that we should still be friends. Then the next day I asked her how she was and she said she was great and that this guy friend of hers took her to the pet store to see the puppies. This is exactly what we did on our first date and I also had never heard of this guy before this. I told her I felt like she just didn't want to be in a relationship with me and that the distance wasn't the only reason and she got mad and said that I'm trying to make her be rude to me. She said that there were a lot of little things that she never told me about that made her mad but didn't want to tell me and then she acted like she didn't care about what we had. Now they right on each others facebook walls and tag each other in a bunch of stuff using kissing emojis and hearts. I don't want to ask her because I don't want to talk to her and I don't think she'll even be honest with me anyways. Also this guy is very similar to me with a beard, tattoos, likes animals etc. is she just trying to fill in the hole I left or was she seeing him while we were dating. I just want honest answers and closure at this point so I can move on.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• Ugh, my long distance boyfriend too broke up with me 3 months ago.
    Honestly... maybe he didn't intend to leave you for that guy, at first... but if it was THAT quick that she had to jump back on the "puppy" train then maybe. Maybe she's trying to replace you. Talk to her, a serious convo. Maybe go talk in person.
    best of luck

What Girls Said 2

• ... But then she moved 2 hours away and it got harder...
    There is Your Answer, @sharkman154, and knowing all of This, Yes, she may have known him way before and Now... This guy friend of hers.
    LDR is One of the hardest to Have and to Uphold of Any. It takes two special people to make the effort and to take the time to have the patience. If only One is making the concerted effort and the Other isn't into the tango of being a team mate, then the LDR can go and dead in the water like a duck out of luck.
    She will now most likely Begin her Beguine of giving you lame duck excuses to get back with you. She has this newbie who is Similar to you and although you are Probably still in her head and her heart, having someone closer to home is Where the Heart... Is right now.
    Move on, sweetie, she is trying to hint to you with no hymning and hawing and with Facebook, you don't need to see the writing on the wall on Newsfeed.
    Good luck. xx

• She has a type. That's why she likes him and he appears similar.

What Guys Said 0