Should I leave her?

I've never done this kind of thing before be in all honestly im just looking for some advice right now because i don't know what to do for the best, basically as bad as it sounds i set up a fake facebook account and messaged my girlfriend on there the fake account was of a guy the reason why i did it is because her old best friend told me that she had cheated on me when she went on a girls vaction to Turkey and i wanted to see if she would really cross that line so i set up the fake account and messaged her saying she looked beautiful and i would like to get to know her she responded saying thanks and said she would get to know me to, that was 4 months ago. She has been speaking to "Gary" for 4 months now (Gary is the fake account) I wasn't planning on keeping the account for that long its just the first time i saw her agree to talking dirty i was shocked but wanted to see how far she would go and it turns out she went pretty far as to sending dirty pictures of herself but now she is telling "Gary" that she has feelings for him but the thing is when i asked her on the fake account if she had a boyfriend she replied "No, im living the single life" I love her so much but im afraid there might be more guys like this, what would you do in my situation? Sorry for the massive essay
Thank you in advance to those who answer

53

Most Helpful Guy

• Turn round and walk away, no explanations needed. She'll know why! It sure as hell will hurt, but it's the quickest road to a pain free life.

It all adds up against her. The bestie telling you about the cheating, the fake FB account. If she can cheat once, she can cheat again and again. No second chances, I think she's on her third already.

What Girls Said 5

• I would live her. She is most likely doing this with other guys... I know it will be hard to leave her but its for you. You deserve better than someone who doesn't respect you enough to leave you when they got bored. I was in the same situation almost a month ago. I left him and I feel so much better now. It hurts but im happy not thinking of him going behind my back messaging girls and fooling around on me. Do it for you.

• If you're thinking of breaking up with her, you probably have a decent reason to not want to be with her anymore at this point. Stop wasting time and just leave her. She has clearly shown you she has no desire to be with you and would rather mess around with other guys. Dump her.

• That's unfair u set her up for failure. ..
    However, don't be surprised if she knows it's you. You never know.

• Its hard to say its unfair, its kind of a sideways way to go about it, I agree. But confronting her, she would just deny it all
      He followed his hunch..
      best to know the truth than be made a fool

• I would leave her... I wouldn't be able to cope with the situation, knowing that my boyfriend cheated on me and is still doing it.

• Well first off I would talk to her about it. That would be my number one step. She may have "deceived" you, but you also did the same. As for the "Gary" account. I would stay off there. Do you talk to her on there daily? Are her and "Gary" forming a solid bond? These are things you need to know before you proceed with any further action

• Yes you're very right about that :/ and yeah her and "Gary" talk everyday i would say there has been a bond formed there but for me its purely being acting because obviously im her real boyfriend but they way she speaks to the fake account "Gary" its the same way she used to speak to me when she first started to develop feelings for me so im really concerned about that now :/

• Then you definitely need to voice yourself. You need to find out why this happened to begin with. I'm sure she didn't decide out of thin air to be a cheat. Something had to go sour for her to do it.

What Guys Said 2

• You think you love her because you haven't had distance enough to realize what you think you love is just an impression of her built on lies and deceit. She's a cheater, a liar, and she has no respect for you. She doesn't love you or care much for you, that's the truth.

Just break up. Say you know she's been cheating on you, don't give any details, and break up and cut her off completely. Ignore anything that follows, delete the Gary account, and move on.

• Good for you for following your gut instincts...
    Just walk away mate, find better