What does it mean when you're ex saids I don't want to get back together now? Does that mean that he wants to get back together in the future?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• It means that he doesn't want to get back together now.
    As for the future, maybe. He might also believe he is lying to you and just trying to spare your feelings even though he believes he doesn't want to get back together. At the same time, who the hell knows?

When a man states something, he means what he says so take it literally and don't try to read more into it. The future is the future; it will get here soon enough. Don't put your life on hold waiting for him.

• Right but I want to know if we can get back together?

• You know I know hecares

• Listen to the abc3643. He's completely right. I too, wasted a solid year or so of my life on hoping an ex would get back with me. Never happened. You're very delusional right now. Reading into things unnecessarily and even asking all these questions to try to get the answer you want. This guy doesn't want to be with you and there's a 99% chance he'll never have any interest in you again. Give it up, concentrate on yourself, your family, your friends, your career and hobbies and forget about this guy. You the rose colored glasses will disappear and you'll see him for who he is now soon enough.

Most Helpful Girl

• That means they're getting your hopes up when they have no intention of getting back with you later on. I had a friend who had two boyfriends give her that same bullsh! t. The latest boyfriend ended up getting back with her a month later. But that's because his excuse for dumping her was crap in the first place. The other one truly didn't want to be with her anymore. And he moved on with someone else soon after he dumped her.

What Guys Said 3

• Allow me to translate "Let me try out the other wonderful partners that have been waiting for me in the wings and explore them without you looking over my shoulder, if it doesn't work out with them in the future, I'll come back to my "option" , my "backup" my "Plan-B" aka "You".

If I were you, I would just let it be and find someone who knows what they want and not someone whose feelings change like the weather.

• He told me he hasn't been with anyone and I think he's only interested in me

• nope. it means this is the easiest way to say it.

• What? I actually think that he wants me back now

• anybody in their right mind would remember if they talked to someone last week. it's pretty simple, if he wanted to talk to you, he would talk to you.

• What if people are busy I honestly forget if I talk to someone or not

• Means he wants to wait for some shit to blow over then probably start banging at some point in the future, while not giving you a solid answer about getting back together.

• But what does that mean? Does he want to get back together or not?

• How do you know? People get back together all the time.

• How do you know?

What Girls Said 1

• I think it means there is a possibility for you guys in the future.