Guys, Mixed signals from an ex?

Hey guys so my boyfriend and I of 2 years just broke up recently. The reasons for our breakup were not the usual reasons for a break up. There was no loss of attraction or interest really. In fact you could call it one of those "if you love them let them go" type of things. I am going into my freshmen year of college and he wanted me to have the full college experience. Since he is a year older he has already gone through his freshmen yr. Because we were doing a long distance relationship for 1 out of the 2 years it got kind of hard but we still loved each other just as much. We didn't rule out the possibility of getting back together but as of right now we are not talking. We promised each other friendship but we didn't promise when that would happen. I know that I will probably see him in a few months when we meet and catch up. Here is where my confusion comes in: my sis met with my ex in person and he seemed very optimistic about us getting back together and the whole break up was for me and that he still loves me. Now a month after the break up, my sis and him were texting and it almost seemed like he was over me or had something against me. He said things like "she's not my problem anymore" and "I'm afraid of running into her with a girl" and "break ups are easier than I thought". Is this his way of trying to be dominant or is he actually over me? I just wonder what my ex is feeling since he was the one that initially brought up the break up. I haven't done anything that would push him away at this point of our break up and I was just wondering from a guys perspective, how I should go about getting him back whether it's in a few months or next summer? Will he still have feelings for me in a few months even without communication? Or will he just get distracted by other girls? I really don't want to sound cliche but we really were the perfect match. We were just on the same wavelength wi

1

What Guys Said 1

• actually wot he said to yer sis might not be real anyway... i mean he might was just hidin things from her so he wouldn't add a 3rd person in da mix.

he cannot change so suddenly without a reason... maybe he just wanted to keep his feelings towards u personal.

anyway if he's free now he might find some rebound chick.. u should consider this possibility as well..

• What part do you mean was not really the texting part or what he said in person?

• textin part

• I totally agree. And I think it's really easy to hide behind your true feelings behind text.