Can't stop thinking about him after 1 year?

I left him
I've had relationships after him, i am currently in a new relationship, yet i can't stop thinking about him
i do miss him
but i know i can't trust him again he's a big liar, i just wish i knew some answers to my questions, i've tried to get closure by talking to him after the breakup but the situation got nastier
i moved on but will i ever forget him?

53

Most Helpful Guy

• If I may ask, what was the thing that he lied to you about?

I personally think it was a bad idea to go out and have relationships after him, because you need some time on your own for a while instead of going into relationships after a breakup.

If you jump into relationships, you not only end up getting hurt yourself by also end up hurting your next partner, because your emotions are still all over the place. I would suggest to take some time alone and have a break from being in relationships, till you get yourself together.

• His job, his family, god knows what else, im not even sure of his college degree, see what i mean? I trusted him, it felt really bad, i dont know why he had to lie about very small things, he must have been insecure, the thing that bothers me is that he treated me like a queen, but would get suuuper nasty if i doubted him, he was manipulative, i dont know, sometimes i thank god that im over with all this crap

Most Helpful Girl

• When your feelings are deeply connected to someone like that it takes a while for the constant thoughts to die out. You probably always think about him, but as time goes on it will be more like a thought in the background of your mind. Ideally in the time between breaking up with him and meeting someone new, it would have been great if you healed a bit more from the situation with him especially when you felt left open with no closure. It is natural to miss him and think of him, but unfortunately not taking enough to time to heal kind of puts you in a spot. Your with someone new but thinking of someone else. You can't make yourself move on or control your thoughts what will help you is the passing of time.

What Guys Said 2

• I am the guy in that situation...
    You never forget them... its impossible you chose to make them apart of your life and now they are gone. You can try everything in the world short of amnesia but you will not forget. There is a few things you can do though, one of which is searching inside yourself, looking and acknowledging who you truly are. Knowing your triggers and weaknesses.

• First love never forgets.

What Girls Said 4

• If he was such a big part of your life, of course you're not going to forget him. I'm not really understanding why or how you could forget someone you spent an entire year with. The good thing is, you've seen other people. I'd suggest seeing a therapist. It's NOT because you have a mental illness or anything like that. A therapist can give you the tools you need to move on from the feelings of loss etc. They can help you get true closure.

• hello you can never forget him he will always be on your heart and this might even cause more damage to your health i have also pass through all this problem but today am happy back i might not be able to tell you all the full story over here this is my email jeremyblunt45@outlook. com i will be waiting for your reply thanks this will help you a lot and you will always thank me

• It's hard to forget but we need to learn how to let go. The saying goes "relationship is like glass. It's better to leave the shards there rather than trying time repair the relationship and get urself hurt". It's pretty tempting to connect back to him, but u have to control. What I suggest is u can have a good chat with ur close friends about this issue, listen to their opinions. I'M sure they will help u out!

I'M not sure whether ur current boyfriend knows about it, but if he doesn't, please don't let him know. Imagine if u put urself in his shoes: ur partner hasn't forgotten about his ex. What would u feel? I believe he will feel upset because part of ur heart still have ur ex inside. I hope u will forget ur ex ASAP

• You'll move on eventually.