Girls, my girlfriend broke up with me and said this... what does it mean?

My girlfriend said to me that i was too good to her and that i deserve someone better. she said that she doesn't derseve to be treated so well. why did she break up based on what she thinks is deserving? wouldn't you want a guy that is really good to you? im super confused.

8

Most Helpful Girl

• If she's telling the truth? It probably has a lot to do with feelings of guilt or inadequacy. It sucks to be in a relationship where you're constantly asking yourself " They're so great! What are they doing with me?" or "why can't I be like that?". Nobody wants to feel bad about themselves ALL the time (or even some of the time), I think it would just be tiring constantly feeling like she wasn't a good enough person. E. g. If you guys were out, she probably thought other people were asking themselves "What is HE doing with HER?" .. In her mind, if she loved you, she's probably thinking, NOW you can go find another girl, who's better than her and deserves you. Likely she thought she was doing what's best for you.

I think if someone is in a really good relationship, then every now and again, they ask "what did I do to deserve this person?" It takes a certain level of trust, maturity and self-esteem to move passed that guilt feeling, and accept that they have it good.
    Your partner has to trust in your judgement, that you know how to pick the right person for yourself. They have to be mature enough to understand that a good relationship can be hard to come by. And they have to have enough self-esteem to feel comfortable with someone who they feel is 'out of their league'.
    If your ex is your age (16?) or younger, then it's not really uncommon for her to not have those traits. Self-confidence can be pretty crappy at that age, so don't think of this situation as likely to happen with every girl out there.

What Girls Said 7

• How long were you two together for her just say that she doesn't deserve you? Does she seem to suffer from poor self-esteem? Either she truly feels that way or maybe she is feeling guilty about something and feels you need to move on to someone better person.

• 1 year and no she doesn't have self esteem issues.

• but I have known her all my life and this is the second time trying to date

• Oh ok, maybe the feelings of growing apart came into play, possibly. At least, even just friendship wise. Childhood friends are the best to have and treasure as you head into your adult years. I hope it works out in your favor the way you want it to.

• Maybe her behavior wasn't comparative and she felt it wasn't fair to you. She could have been up to no good and instead of breaking your heart and baring all she just did the dip. Not uncommon.

My second thought is that maybe she has other reasons and a) she doesn't want to hurt your feelings or b) she doesn't want you to fight for her to stay so she is generalizing.

• Either A: She has self esteem issues or B: She is bullshitting you and saying that to you so you won't feel bad about yourself.

• That is the easy way of letting you down. I really don't understand why, but usually girls go running back to the guy who hurt them or is a jerk.

• We accept the love we think we deserve. She doesn't think she deserves to be loved.

• Maybe she did something shitty and feels like you should be with a better girl

• She feels she wasn't enough.