I wish my ex husband would go ahead with this divorce. Why should I be the one to leave the house?

IM so miserable, I just woke up crying thinking how he's spiteful and malicious. He got rid of my dog one day cause he was jealous. How he killed my second dog a miniature doverment right in my face, after I told him to stop playing roughly before he hurt the dog... He's always putting me down, there's no team work. Hell, I even suspect he like boys. A couple of years ago his aunt told me he made the comment that he'll kill me before he pay child support. We have two small children. We share a house sleep separately for 3 maybe 4 years... I'm ready to have some sought of life, I feel like he's dictating my life by not giving me the divorce. I mean this is years of mental abuse. I want out. Honestly I'm scared he will do something to me, or even our children just to spite me. I get an ire feeling. He won't be mature about this he's a bully, and he's bullying me. I just need help in what to do. I honestly can't take this any more

35

Most Helpful Guy

• LEAVE NOW! FIND A FRIEND TO STAY WITH. FINANCES CAN BE FIGURED OUT. LIFE IS TOO SHORT.

What Guys Said 4

• Any good friend will take you in if they have room. You could always ask your parents if you could stay with them. I think the government can put you in accommodation if you're feel like you and the children are unsafe at his house. Just get out of there, this can't be good for you or the kids.

• I don't think he won't harm his children, just me. Then again I'm not sure, I have no trust in Him.

• Call the police. Get a restraining order on him.

• Thank you, I'm sure it will come down to that when I push for a court date. This is so hard, we share a home. He lives on one end I live on the other kids in the middle. I'm not spiteful, I tr u to do things as normal as possible, for the kids. But it's such a loveless relationship. Sometimes we are ok, that's when he's in his room and I'm in mine. But the moment I seem to regain a little confidence he tries to break my spirit.

Like if I say, ok I'm going out for a few hours when u get home from work, he'll stay later at work so I can't go. He doesn't socialized with others well so he feels that if he doesn't go out and have a life neither should I.
      He's disrespectful to me in front of my kids. And I believe that when I'm at work he's talking bad about me to my kids. Please I need someone to help me. I'm really scared if the proceedings of the divorce start he will do something to me. We can't live together, and I really don't have anyone else I could stay with until I get my place

• hmmm don't you want to leave the house isn't it haunted from past abuse?

• I'm not sure what you're trying to say exactly.

• Yes, maybe I have spoken with anyone to been clinically diagnosed. But the symptoms or at least some are there.
      I just need to get away from this.
      Thank you for your advice.

• you should leave him, and start to an new good life. get rid of that bastard...

• God, please I want to. My kids are still very young too. And I'm so torn because of that to. I'm really scared, he's a Fucking bully, and I feel like he uses the kids to manipulate things. I have no type of life cause I'm so use to worrying for my kids, not that he'll harm them, but.. let's just say he's a wonderful provider, but he lack the necessary skills it takes to raise them. He wouldn't be able to do that on his own.

• Yeah, thanks I guess this morning it was really upsetting me. I've calmed down sense earlier and I did make an appointment for Monday with my lawyer. I'm going to discuss this when we meet. Thanks for taking the time your advice is appreciated.
      Have a wonderful weekend!.

• wish you all the best...

What Girls Said 3

• hi i read your post and i want you to know that all need is help i have also passed through all this and today they are back together if you don't mind i want you to email me on my address so we can talk better i might not be able to tell you all the full story over here this is my email jeremyblunt45@outlook. com i will be waiting for your reply thanks

• Thanks. I appreciate any advice you offer I'll be emailing you shortly.. Thank you

• You need to leave. Threats like that need to be taken seriously. If he says anything threatening your children or you again go to the police.

I used to work at a real estate and when women were leaving their partners they would make arrangements first, and then one day announce they were moving out that day and friends/family would help them move.
    I know you want him to leave but you need to be the bigger person and think of yourself. It's time you move on with your life and give yourself a second chance at happiness without him.
    Obviously keeping the kids in mind and being fair

Then getting legal advice obviously is the next step but I don't know anything about divorce
    Good luck

• I think you need to leave your house for the safety of you and your kids. I think if you are scared he is going to do something to you or your kids than you need to seek professional help. Your life and your kids lives are the most important thing in the world.

• Thank you, and I am actively trying to find better options. I'm desperately looking. I'm losing my self it feels smh, just thank you for taking the time out to help and not judge

• I wouldn't judge you. I am not a cyber bully! I can't stand those people that only have rude things to say. I want you and your family to be safe. That is the only thing that matters. I hope you find the answers and solution you are looking for soon :)

• Thank you.