How long did you wait to start dating again after your divorce?

For those of you who have been divorced, and waited until after the divorce was final to start dating (steady or casual), how long did you wait? Did you wait to start dating a week, a month, a year, etc, after things were final? When you thought you were ready, did you find yourself having to convince others you were, or were they accepting of your (recently) divorced status?

Please only answer if you have been divorced.

I am looking for divorced responses, and not dating breakup responses, because I feel as if the two carry different social stigmas. Additionally, divorce takes longer than breaking up with a boyfriend or girlfriend. I think this plays into effect because while I have been officially single for less than two months, I've been emotionally single for over five. I feel that is something that people who have never been through divorce don't realise.

01

What Guys Said 1

• I never divorced.

I started dating again 2 months after breaking up with my last girlfriend.

What Girls Said 0