Have you ever fallen in love, but then the person you fell for changed?

And you miss and love who they were, but can't sand who they are now?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other
    Vote C

44

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, that's why sometimes I think that something is wrong with me, because I don't change. I am the same person I was 10 years ago. Life and circumstances change, things around me change, but I am honestly staying the same. My moods change, my taste sometimes change and my likings (f. e. 10 years ago I liked wearing black cloths), but overall, who I am deep inside, my point of view and my ambitions never changed. I still want and like things I wanted and liked 10 years ago. It's just that people usually do change, and that's where I fail to fit in and then I get hurt. Don't really know if it's anyone's fault, but I've learned to live with it... All I know is that I like the way I am because it makes me a steady, decisive person who knows what she wants and what she doesn't. I never doubt myself. I hope I never change!

What Girls Said 3

• That's the problem with people's perceptions these days when it comes to love. The think love is a feeling, instead of a choice... and they are deluded into thinking that people stay exactly the same their whole lives and never change.

Of COURSE I've fallen in love and the person has changed. But I changed as well. Since people change, you have to CHOOSE to love them in all their forms, and learn to change together in the same direction. No one ever stays who they were. Are you the same person you were 5 years ago? Just wait until you get through your 20's and into your 30's.

• I am the same person I was 5 years ago. Not a bit changed. And I'm happy.

• Really? Your fashion is the same? You don't do your hair any differently? You haven't gained any confidence in a particular area? Your opinions on certain subjects haven't changed with new information? You haven't enjoyed new genres of music? You haven't matured at all?

• Yeah those stuff did change but my point of view and the way I am with people I love didn't change a bit. Usually when people change they also change their behavior towards others or they just simply cut off others. The topic here is about falling in love, which I assume I understood right? My ex of 3 years changed (he stopped doing stuff he used to like and started doing other stuff) which is perfectly normal if by stuff he wasn't including ME as well. He stopped doing me too. That's why I'm saying that even when I go through a lot of changes I never change how I feel about someone who I love/like if they also feel the same about me.

• YES. shock of my life. although i should have seen it coming. blinded by my desire for him to be 'the one'.

• Not love, but I did like someone a lot and then they changed. And I'm trying to figure out what it is that I saw in them.

What Guys Said 4

• Nope, the only one I've actually ever fallen for remained the same for the entire portion of our relationship. It wasn't until after we were over that she changed.

• No, I have never been in love.

• They were always that person... Your perception of them changed... Not them

• Not ture. People change all the time.

• People change very slowly over time or change dramatically after a traumatic incident

Perception can change faster, and sometimes when you first fall in love you might have a false perception of that person and that happens because people show you their best qualities at first

• Yes, my ex.

She was so sweet, kind, considerate, generous, and loving.

Now she's just a nasty, manipulative bitch.