How to get over depression after a breakup?

My long distance boyfriend "broke up" with me a month and a half ago. He didn't actually break up, he just disappeared. Everything was going well, at least that's what I thought. It never happened to me before. I spend most of my day crying and thinking of him. I don't go out anymore, I don't enjoy what I used to love. I just sleep and eat, that's it. Usually I get over break ups really quickly, even if the relationship was long, but this one is different. We didn't date for a long time, but I can't get over it! Maybe because I didn't have an explanation? I don't know what to do anymore... Please help! Thanks!

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Just understand a long distance relationship can be bad. People get lonely and if you don't spend enough time together, someone in the relationship will want somebody they can touch and see. Just learn from it, move on, and pick yourself up because you don't want to miss out on the right guy to come because you are heart broken. Just know in your head he wasn't the one for you and know he is still out there.

What Guys Said 3

• Find friends to go out with or go out to the mall with a relative
    take walks to a park.

• Alcohol is very good

• Beer and weed.

What Girls Said 1

• I went through a breakup after 8 years relationship and I loved him a lot and thought all is fine or at least no real danger. But then he suddenly dropped me. I lost a lot of weight and was depressive.. The only thing that made it better was time! And i kept counting the days and saying to myself: now its a week, next week i will feel even better and its true! If you feel like crying: cry, abd think about it until your head hurts.. But then tell yourself that you can't change it and that probably someone better will come along. Also: go out, meet friends, even if you don't feel like it. You will have fun, maybe even flirt with someone else! It will help to distract.. And with time, you will see, it will get better and better! Good luck!