Which is harder to get over?

Say if your bf/gf broke up with you and said this:

I don't love you, and I don't want to be with you

or

I love you but we're not meant to be together and hangs up and won't answer

I know bother are bad but which would at least make moving on a bit better?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• "I don't love you, and I don't want to be with you" could be worded better but would hurt a lot short term.

"I love you but we're not meant to be together" would hurt for a longer time. The hope that you could get back together when there is really no chance would be agonizing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd rather someone be honest with their feelings up front, but I don't know depending on the person and wha they meant to me I can get over things and distract myself really easily. But my heart was broken awhile ago I don't know.

I guess number two because it's the most confusing one, I would be very upset in that scenario because I'd find that such a ridiculous excuse... Unless their was another person I mean

What Guys Said 3

• Both are hard to hear but both are definitive. You'll know where you stand and know that you can move on.

The first one sounds like you wouldn't even want to talk to them again based on the "I don't love you" comment. Why would you want someone who doesn't love you?

The second one states how they feel. I know sometimes we want further explanations but it sounds like you wouldn't get too far trying to get them.

Good luck.

• My ex used the first one to break up with me through a text and it hurt really bad but I hated him more than being hurt, but then he contacts me 2 days later to say I still love you, and care about you but we're not meant to be together then hung up and ignored me for weeks. He still contacts me from time to time.

• Move on and find a guy with class that deserves you. I would never do that to someone, and having been in that situation I just moved on.

It just sounds like he's not worth it. I mean to use that first line, in a text no less, is weak. Why wouldn't someone at least call to break a relationship off. Then to turn around and do the second is keeping you in a holding pattern.

Again, I'd move on and find a guy that deserves you.

• Very true I should just move on, and Thanks for taking the time to answer my question ☺️

• Doesn't really matter how it's put. It's the same message. I'd want it as straightforward as possible so I could move on without thinking, "wait, did she really mean that? does that mean that there's still a chance to change things?" If it's over, I want to know it's over and then be done with it.

• The first one obviously "I don't love you, and I don't want to be with you"
    That sentence just speaks I can't stand the sight of you.

What Girls Said 1

• It would hurt the same no matter what he says because we both know it's only because he doesn't love me and doesn't want to be with me.