My parents are divorced and I Love both them, but I want to live with my dad full time, what should I do?

I love my mom but she favors my sister and sometimes ignores me and most of the time is talking about my older sister and her friends and rarely asks about. But my dad understands me more and is more kind to me, my mom isn't abusive but she gets very angry easily. I would see her still and still go to family events with her and I would probably spend the night sometimes but I would just live with my dad. And my dad has a girlfriend and if I do decide to move in with him I would wait to tell anyone until they get married or engaged. So should I and if so how would I tell mom about it? This is a serious problem that I need help with😔

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Talk to your dad first. Make sure that he would be okay with it. It might be that a father trying to raise a daughter, especially one your age, might bother him. If he is totally on board with it, then he might be able to talk to your mom about it.

What Guys Said 5

• Go where you're happiest. Keep in mind, if you do decide to live with your father, there will be no easy way to tell your mom. You're just going to have to be straightforward.

• Aww that sucks dude

• Be with your dad if he understands you 😊👌

• Make your mom... Disappear.

• Classic case of American culture and their effects.
    I don't know what kind of generation will world see after 50 years in America.
    Marriage and relationship is a joke in your country.
    Children are virtually orphans.

As far as your question goes... it's your choice. Either one will have to get hurt because of your choice. Or courts will decide if they file a case for stupid custody.

What Girls Said 1

• So your mom, is she cool with your dad having a GF?