He broke up with me, but still wants to be friends, why?

It ended on a good note, I'm still depressed about it, because he was my first real boyfriend. I've known him for seven years. We dated for two months, I know it's not that long, but I thought it was. We talked about it and he said he felt like it was turning into a friends with benefits kind of thing. We didn't have sex or anything we cuddled on the couch and made out. We didn't do much outside of the house we went on maybe four dates out of the time we were dating. He said my personality didn't fit his I guess I'm too colorful and he's a dark character, we never acted like a couple in public, I thought he didn't like affection so I never tried. He still wants to be friends, we talk everyday and we have everyday since we broke up. I still like him I just don't know how I'm going to do this because I still miss him kissing me. Why does he still want to be friends?

He said he really liked me at the beginning but then it just started to go back to thinking that we have been friends for years and it was kind of weird. I still think he likes me, he's just scared that he's going to get hurt like his last relationship.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, sounds like you were just friends before the dating started. He just wants to go back to the way things were. He tried to date you, but was honest with his feelings when he sensed it wasn't going to work out. He still respects you and wants you in his life as a friend.

Most Helpful Girl

• He doesn't want to completely lose you.

What Guys Said 2

• He's gone move on

• He plans to wait a while then use the feelings you have for him to carry on sleeping with you while not in a relationship anymore.

• I don't feel like he would do that but you never know.

What Girls Said 1

• There is something called No contact. Look it up, read on it and put it into action. You can never be friends with an ex.. it just doesn't work.