What is the need of marraige, as people do and share everything in a relationships itself ( sex, living together in same house, etc) before marraige?

N nor do many marraiges lasts, as divorce is a common option taken by many... jst like break ups in relationships

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• legal reasons for some. some people just feel better if its legal. some people want the last name, the officalness, the whole shabang.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Marriage is a commitment that provides real physiologicsl and emotional benefits. There's a reason why being legally married gives you all sorts of benefits.

Oftentimes, men especially resort to cohabitation because they don't want to take responsibility or commit to a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
    • But do people value marraige now a days... as many prefer to share evrything in relationship itself... without marrying

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Well when you get older security is a major thing. Marriage provides that-both in a commitment that supposedly that person will be there when you need surgery-get ill.. all that fun stuff. And then there is 401K, life insurance, etc. that they leave you when they die. Plus as you age, just having someone around to be friendly with, go out to eat with, etc. is important. Companionship becomes vital the older you get when your 'running around' days are long gone.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you... but do people get the support when they get old... coz many marraiges ends in divorcedivorce n people only want to stay with their partner during gud times... but leave when bad times come

• Marriage is a committment that people make it for each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • well all that stuff was only allowed under the roof of marriage, things were more stable, less bastard children, less cheap *****, less players/jerks.. etc, less divorce rates, less cheating

and the list goes oooooooon and oooooooooon
    now people do w/e they want when they want wich ruins everything

marriage HAS value, people just ruined it
    and they do EVERYTHING a married couple do and then be like " i dont need marriage"... YOU ALREADY ARE DOING IT !!

they would do EVERYTHING but not sign that paper, because of inner fear of commitment/distrust

most at least

0|0
    0|0
    • Right... marraige is losing its value becoz of mentality of people

• Religious purposes.

And if not that then some women just wants it. You know, wedding, etc.

And some just think that marriage is the official way to seal a relationship.

I don't know. These are the reasons most common reasons I think.

"Marriage isn't like dating. In dating, you can walk out when you face a trouble but in marriage , you stay and work it out together." (Exceptions,, cheating, abuse, etc)

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you... you are right... but now a days exceptions are more then main

• Yeah, the value of marriage is disappearing for some.

What Guys Said 3

• Definitely the commitment and for legal reasons. There are a ton of things that dating couples can't do, but married couples can, especially in the military.

1|0
    0|0
    • Like?

• Well what I know of is mainly for military couples (I'm enlisting so I researched this). The military does not care about dating in the sense that the person that is not in the military cannot get information about their boyfriend/girlfriend, and the military will not pay for their insurance/housing. Married couples can stay together when the soldier get moved to another station, and the move is free. If they aren't married the other person will be left behind when the soldier is re located, and they have to pay if they want to move to where their boyfriend/girlfriend is. Plus they get denied certain things if their significant other dies, such as the American flag that is given to the family at the funeral. They do receive one if they are married though, along with benifits for being a widow of a veteran. Plus there are some legal issues about the military paying for babies if they aren't married.

• Well it all depends on the person and as to how much importance they give to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • The need is so she can take half your shit and your children if she gets bored.

0|0
    1|0
Loading... ;