I want to end it.

I want to end a friendship with a friend of mine, because I'm starting to get emotionally involved and I feel that that is not a good thing for me.

We work together and his ex-girlfriend is pregnant (she always works with us) and he's agreed to be in the child's life. That for some odd reason doesn't bother me, maybe because I know he doesn't care for her at all (sadly he's told me a lot of meanish things about her) but he also slept with another chick from work. (they blamed it on the booze)

Recently me and him went out to a concert and afterwards we got a little sexual. Yes we did drink, but not enough to say we were totally wasted.

It's hard to keep a good image of him when he's done so much wrong and I really know better not to get involved with someone like him..But I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt...

and I like to hope that maybe someday he would want to be in a relationship with me.

Right now he isn't ready for a serious relationship and I can understand why, being recently divorced can make you not want to get seriously involved with anyone.

I just don't know if I should end the friendship or not..

I haven't talked to him about it because I don't know how to bring it up without it seeming so out of the blues

11

What Guys Said 1

• Don't be an Associate, friendship to me is based on HONESTY, shared moments, and truly caring you are not just effecting you its both of you. Friends are extremly rare to come by. your problem is your afraid cause right now you feel your option is to lose a friend so you don't get serious cause you like him and force your self to not like him worst loss a friend and fight your own feelings best is lose a friend ouch. the other option is try it out see where it goes. what's the worst that can happen if you do it loss a friend which is your other option anyway and the best is everything works out great. hope you choose for the best. Good Luck

• I really don't want to lose him as a friend, because I hardly have any and he's always been so good to me...I think my main fear of bringing up my feelings is that it might ruin what we have or what's to come. I've already mentioned it once before and he's told me he isn't ready for anything serious, so I know the answer but his actions sometimes tells me otherwise. I don't know I wish I could just disregard these feelings and still be friends...but it's not so easy...

• I guess I'll have to give it a try!

When people tell me I should stay away from him and they have good reason to think that ,or tell me of the horrible things he doesit kind of makes me question my friendship with him, makes me wonder why he wants to hang out with me... but (I hate to sound cliche) but they don't know him like I do...they don't hang out with him. I just want to have fun when I'm with him and I do!

• Right on the head actually the answer can't get no better should be voted best!!!!!!

What Girls Said 1

• You don't need to loose him as a friend, you just need to meet new people and have new healthy friendships. From what you've said, seems like this guy doesn't have too much respect for women and that is not a good person to be involved with, but you already know this. He has a lot of baggage. You don't have to end the friendship, just find other ways to occupy your time without thinking of him.

• It's hard for me to meet new people, but I'll give it a try.

I just need to stay positive

I don't think he disrespects all women, just maybe those that he doesn't feel deserve it (?)

I am the total opposite of his ex-gf...that's why I found it kind of weird for him to want to hang out with a nerd like me lol

but I will take your advice, I'll keep myself occupied

• Part of the problem is your confidence and self-esteem: "I found it kind of weird for him to want to hang out with a nerd like me." What's that about? You're putting him up on this pedestal, yet I think you know deep down he has nothing to offer you. If he talks mean about the mother of his own child, why would you be any different? Meeting new people is not hard, you just have to put yourself out there. There is a verse in the Bible that says to have a friend you must show yourself friendly

• I know I don't have a very high self-esteem and I'm working on that. he hasn't talked bad about her since she got preggers we actually don't bring that subject up when we hang out...I think I want to believe he's not as bad as a guy people say he is. When we hang out he's always so good to me, he knows I don't get out much and he helps me try to be more comfortable around unfamiliar surroundings.i think I'm at the point that I may be able to go out and make new friends without needing him around