Guys, How long would you wait?

If the person you love says that they need time to get their life together meaning physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially would you wait until that person was ready to give the relationship another try. Basically guys who have wanted their exes back after they did something unforgivable is who I want to hear from.

4

Most Helpful Guy

• So my situation is close to yours. My past girlfriend left me, because she needed to get her life together mentally and financially (she's also my age). She told me she has no time for a relationship, because her career search and establishing a norm for her will be time-consuming and stressful. She is not financially independent, and she has an ex boyfriend (not me) who treated her very badly for 2 years, and she has not gotten over him either. She said she needs counseling for herself there also.

I don't think it is bad enough to break up with me, but that's my opinion. So she asked if she could call me sometime if by some miracle we are both still single a year from now. I don't know if she is genuine about that or not, but I said "call me." She didn't leave me, because I mistreated her. She acknowledges that I was good to her.

In the mean time she does not want to talk to me. SO I'm getting on with my life. I can't wait for her, because she doesn't know what she wants and doesn't know what is going to happen next for her. She's not going to let me stick by her side and give her moral support either.

So my story is I'm not waiting for her. Life goes on for me, and if I meet a new girl, then I'm going to give a new girl a chance. I'm a free man on the prowl.

What Guys Said 3

• A part of you will always crave the good times you shared together, but this is the tough lesson to learn from relationships. What she had was done, we could never go back to those day because the innocents and trust was now gone forever and you can't ever get that back. People will try and re-create it, but I know better. Very, very few exceptions to this rule and I would never say it 9.99999 times out of 10 it will fail and you will be in a much deeper hole than before

It's hard to close off that tap of love your had poured out for them. It's like loosing a limb and part of you will always miss it to some degree. For me I respected myself to much and maintained that someone who abuses my trust and goodwill doesn't deserve a second chance. After the fact I never spoke to her or saw again. It's been over a year now and while I still occasionally miss her it was for the best and I'm glad I was strong enough to do it.

• Nope If a girl leaves me I'd asume she just wants to bang another dude and then come back to me hell nahz

• I wanted her back but I couldn't do it, out of loyalty to me.