Long distance relationship... very sad?

I met a guy on meet me. We have Been talking for a month, but we broke it off today, because we are too far apart. An hour and 34 minutes to be exact. None of us have cars, so it ended. I feel like he's 'the one who got away'. Have you ever had this? Could this have worked out?

• Yes
  • No

52

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted "yes" before I really took the time to think about it. In most instances, an hour and a half drive wouldn't hold me back. It's not that far when you think about it. He could live across the country, you know? But, he's within a reasonable driving distance. It could work, technically. I can see how it would be difficult though. You're under 18, so I assume you rely on parentals for rides, and I doubt they're going to want to drive you there and back. Neither would his. Meeting probably just isn't possible until either one of you get a car. Even then, it can't just be one of you doing all the work. You both need to put in equal effort, and that won't happen if just one of you is doing all the traveling.

I'd say keep on talking, actually. You never know what will happen down the road. You might still be single in a couple of years, and it couldn't hurt to give things a shot then. When you're more financially capable, you can move in together, or at least move somewhere closer. But it's probably so far down the road that it's difficult to have the patience for it. Keep meeting other people and see if you can find someone who is closer and makes you just as happy, if not more. Maybe you'll end up meeting this guy someday, maybe not. Just don't cut off all contact just yet, I say.

Long distance can be difficult and it requires a LOT of patience. I've tried it, and failed. However, I regret not trying harder! I might have more patience now if I were to try it again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Only an hour and a half away? I would've tried to make it work. That's nothing to me. My best friend from here is across the pond and we've made that work for a long time.

• Yeah I know.:(He just didn't want to. I guess because he's used to girls who live in the same city as him. I'm really sad.

• Well if you both aren't incredibly committed it won't work. I'm sorry, that's very 😭

• Yeah I know😢

What Guys Said 1

• He could of made it work, he just is plain ignorant i see where there's will there is way.

What Girls Said 4

• Relationships, up to a certain point, does not just rely on love anymore. It requires effort. It really depends on whether the both of you felt it was worth the effort and time to keep in contact despite the distance.

• You feel that way because it's a fresh breakup. Happens to all of us. You'll get over it.

• You clearly didn't love each other that much. My boyfriend and I are TWO hours away and we both save up to take the train

• Wow 30 minutes more away than me. We've only been talking for a month, so clearly we don't love each other. Don't compare my life to yours when we don't have the same circumstances relationship wise.

• It would not work out.