I want to break up with my boyfriend for having a past affair with an older Woman, how do I explain it to him?

So, i have been dating my boyfriend for 10 months and just recently found out that he was having sex with a 40 somethign year old while he was 20. I personaly feel this age gap is too big for me to get over and i feel very awkward around him all the time. I think i need to leave him, but i am not sure what to say, he said i am like this because i am fearing i am not as good as her, but that's false, i just think it's wrong for people to sleep with people of such age differences, he was younger than her own Son appearantly? i never wanted a boyfriend like this, never, so how do i leave him?

78

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, there's no easy way to tell him because it'll seem like a silly reason to him.
    Just tell him that you don't think it'll work out between you two and that you both should move on , hopefully as just good friends.
    I must say though, it's sad to see 10 months of dating wasted. I wish u the best.

• I don't want to be friends with him tough, i don't feel comfortable around him at all.

• @killer1000 THANK YOU, @juicyjessie Seems to suffer from serious mental issues since she doesn't find it weird for Grannies to bang 16 year olds, she is not sane, just ignore her.

• no problem.

What Guys Said 8

• "Hello, I can't make it work because I cannot accept your natural human flaws of desiring other women for sexual pleasure. So instead of accepting you for your own personal desires I'm going to feel insecure about myself and break up with you merely because of how much older she was."

Seriously. Grow up.

• It's not about desiring another Woman for sex, it's about WHAT Woman you desire. I explained my reasons for feeling this way.

• Wait so he cheated on you? Or he slept with that women before you came in his life?
    If he cheated then dump him!!! He deserves it...

• This is the dumbest fuckin reason to break up with someone I've ever heard.

• And? i just don't feel comfortable about this at all, i can't help how i feel.

• he is totally better off without her.. i agree.. @jmmfi @juicyjessie

• just leave him, its for a stupid ass reason but just leave if you feel that way

• Just tell him straight. "There's something in your past, I can't get past..."

• doesn't matter. just don't fall for any of his crap.

• What do you mean?

• We are over, i told him i would prefer it if we wold break all contact with each other.

• good for you.

• Do him a favor & get out of his life as soon as possible. I don't think I have ever heard anything more pathetic.

And have you never made mistakes, or ever plan on not making any ever in your life. When you do, I hope you never get forgiven.

• Think what you want, but i can choose who i want to be with, if i don't like young men who fuck matures or Grannies, then let's be it.

• White people afterall dear...

What Girls Said 6

• Do you love him? Because leaving him for this reason is very shallow. He might have cared for her and been very loving towards her. Isn't that what you want for yourself? Maybe you're just looking for an excuse to leave him? Age difference is not a big issue to those in love. It's only an issue for other people, like you!

• Where does the line cross then? the Woman could of been a PEDO as well, if she can sleep with a 20 year old, who knows if she won't sleep with a 16 year old? i am totally creeped out. He said he wouldn't date her but just keep her for sex, that sounds disturbing to me.

• Who knows if she is one or not? i was just making a possible point, nothing more, the possibility of her being one makes the situation worse of course.

• We are over, i really think you should consult a Doctor with your Pedophille tendencies, whether it's legal or not, you are still being very shady and there is a chance you could get hurt badly in the future.

• Be straight up: tell him that what he did just wasn't acceptable to you and you're done with him.

• I don't see the issue. That's just one aspect of him and you're betraying him over it. Silliest reason I've heard to leave someone. In no sensible way does this affect your relationship with him. If you leave him, at least have a legitimate reason.

• So what should i say?

• What does that even have to do with this? I wouldn't leave him for your reason ever.

And honestly to answer your question... No, because I love him.

• then you are a fool! i hope you still love the guy when he's he's beating you to death or after he's given every std known to man. this isn't just about morals-it's also about self-respect!

• If it bothers you that much then break up with him. I would just say exactly what you just said. Its usually best to be honest.

• Age is not the problem and shouldn't be your focus , She's a grown woman. I can understand if he was sleeping with a minor , He cheated on you that's your problem.

• Well, it is my focus, i can't see a reason why it shouldn't be. There was just too much of age difference. He didn't cheat on me, are you blind?

• That is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard, he is better of whitout your small mind.

• Lol wait. This might be ridiculous way to break up.
      But what about that reason? How about imagining your boyfriend fucking your mom?

• Sorry, but the only child here is you honey, reason i decided not to respond to your post is because of your simple minded comments. There is nothing ridiculous about my situation, people have different views on different things, so i suggest you educate yourself a little bit more.

• I suggest you take of your blinkers, so you can quit being a narrow minded cunt.