What do you think of males who break up with a female over a text?

We are still friends even after he broke up with me over a text, he said he was nervous and didn't want to see me cry that's why he broke up with me over a text. What do you think of males that do that?

713

Most Helpful Guy

• It's honestly a dick move on his part. Even if you are nervous, you should always break up with someone in person unless you feel like you are in danger from the person, or if it is physically impossible to see the SO.
    I mean, even then, one should give their SO the courtesy of calling them or facetiming them or something more personal.

The reason why people continue to text like that though is because they are afraid of the uncomfortable situation that could occur from it. Texting depersonalizes the situation. It's the same reasons trolls exist on the internet. When you aren't face to face, the reprocussions aren't as severe and you can think of sweet words to say before hand. You won't have to worry about saying something stupid because you can take your time to process.

The "didn't want to see you cry" is kind of just a convenient half-truth excuse. I'm sure he didn't want to see you cry, but that was because he was afraid of creating an awkward situation and so he took a kinda cowardly approach.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they are a puss. They need to grow some balls. I think you should be happy he dumped you. Who wants a guy that's not man enough to do it to your face?

What Guys Said 12

• Shame... you didn't manage to keep him... :) LOL
    No just kidding... But I mean it depends on the context, the girl and all.. And worst case even if the guy his enough of an asshole to pull that off... Tan rather you learn it sooner than later Right? So from this perspective he's doing you a favor..

• Weak, cowardly , afraid of confrontation.
    No respect for you whatsoever

• I personally don't think there's anything wrong with it. Not like there's a written rule that you have to do it in person. What if they just want to get over you as fast as possible? Yeah braking up in person would be more sincere but it's not obligatory.

• Im thinking the woman he broke up with is probably a lunatic and breaking up via text is a safety precaution.

• It's pretty lame, and inconsiderate, of course he will see or hear you get upset but that's the risk we take in getting into relationships

• I actually have done it once but that was because that chick was psycho and week after that, She started giving me creepy psycho voice mails and even eggd my truck once lol

• There is someone else who will come your way but your better off without him

• breaking up over text is a spineless wimp ass move and the person who did it should be ashamed on themselves.. In my mind it is cowardly...

• It's cowardly and selfish

• Don't really care. Dick move, but most people don't deserve better anyway.

• Could have at least face-timed you

• Unless there's a threat of physical harm you got to do it in person

What Girls Said 6

• They are complete wankers. If you can't handle breaking up then don't enter a relationship. It's a matter of respect in my opinion. But maybe I'm too old fashioned

• Hmm.. no idea.. maybe he just got nervous..

• I've broke up wit guys over text I don't think it matter how you do it as long you do it and not send someone else to or drag a person along knowing you don't want to be with them anymore. It's hard to break up with someone face to face and you never know it might not be safe for anyone involved.

• Who cares? They had to do it somehow.

• Depends on how long they were dating.

• how long were you together?