Should I ignore my ex girlfriends texts?

We're both 16 and She broke up with me cause she s moving away to a different school and didn t wanna do long distance and she likes this other guy that her and her friends hang out with and she said she would try long distance with him because he hangs out with them and is older and has his license and things so it s easier for them to hang out and hey started dating a few days after we broke up. I know it s not gonna last because she s not even sure if she wants a boyfriend right now. So now I need to know what to do if she texts me cause I know she will. And I wanna know what would hurt her more. Ignoring her texts she sends me? Or saying things along the lines of "You made your choice and left me for another guy. I think it s best that we don t talk." I need opinions on what would hurt her more. Please help. Thanks

30

Most Helpful Girl

• Tbh I cheated on my ex with my boyfriend and were actually vary happy. She may text you because she's not over you. Your goal really shouldn't be about hurting her it should be about moving on. Just don't text her back. I had a guy that I still care about as a friend now that never messaged me back I don't know if he moved on but I sure did. Yea it hurt for a while but it made me stronger. I think you should just forget about hurting her or thinking about her and move on. It's a lot more mature and a lot less pain.

• Why did you bother texting him if you only thought of him As a friend?

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, you should ignore your ex-girlfriend's texts.
    She left you for another guy essentially stabbing you in the back. End of story. That's all that matters at this point. What she did was wrong and it makes her look like a sneaky, venomous snake. There is no reason to embrace her presence anymore. Not only that, but your healing process depends on her absence. In order for you to get over this heartache and truly move on, she needs to be completely vacant from your daily thoughts and experiences.

Yes, exes like this tend to reach out eventually. Usually to relieve their own guilt for screwing someone over and shitting all over them. Or because the grass wasn't really greener on the other side. Regardless, she made her choice now it's best for you to choose a future without her in it at all. No way, shape or form not even a text or follow on social media.

• Okay, so ignoring her would hurt her more? And don't worry, I unfollowed her on every app but she still follows me on everything.

• Ok thanks

• You're welcome :)

• Just be mature and upfront the second options sounds better. Don't bother with her because it doesn't sound like she knows what she wants and you need to realize that because she doesn't know what she wants she may talk to you just for experimental reasons and you needs to close this chapter of your relationships and have your time to deal with this break up properly.

What Guys Said 0