Is he finally giving up on "us"?

So the last time I talked to he was Thursday into Friday morning and everything seemed fine. He usually calls me once a week but this time he didn't call at all. But when I talked to him last week he said "you can't keep living like this." Which makes me think he is giving up on me. But he did tell me he loves me and never wants to lose me, and misses me. I find that hard to believe because he hasn't tried to contact me this week at all. I love him with all my heart and I want to text him but I know I shouldn't and I won't. I know I need to move on.

He did say he doesn't know what he wants. Is he finally letting go?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know the back story here, but if definitely sounds like he is either moving on or at least trying to. Or, he might be depressed. Is this long distance? How long have you two been a thing? I'm curious about details. I've had long distance flings before. Well, they were more than flings, but that's what I'm going to call it for now since we couldn't form a legitimate relationship. The long distance thing wore on me because I felt lonely and wanted someone there to hold. I just didn't have the patience. I would have given anything to be with them, but I was so depressed that I ended up pushing them away. I knew it wasn't what I wanted, but I did it anyway. In the end, I did regret it. I knew I loved her (and I still do). Long distance was just difficult.

I'm assuming that's what it is. Long distance, because you're waiting for him to call you rather than come see you in person. Am I right? Have you met in person before? Did he have to travel away for something?

• He lives about 30 minutes away from me and he would always say he was going to come see me but would not come. I haven't seen him since the break up which was in February.

• 30 minutes isn't far at all. That's a very long time to go without seeing someone you care about who is reasonably close... Have you been hoping to get back together again? He doesn't have to come see you, since you've broken up, but he should if he says he will. He needs to be up front with you.

• I do want to get back with him and he even told me he wants me and he made it seem like we were back together but 3 weeks ago I feel like he starting backing off. He work nights but has 3 days off and usually calls me on at least once but this time he didn't. Just last Thursday he was telling me he missed me and loves me but he doesn't know what he wants. I even told him if he wanted me to go away all he had to do was tell me and he said "I don't want you to go away"

Also this month his brother who lives in another state is coming to see him, and he is going to a concert at the end of the month. He told me last week that he has been having trouble at work too.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not know where you both stand in a 'Relationship,' you didn't say. But with this "He said, she said" and some problems that seem to be going down a beaten path, he is Not into a Real relationship and may be taking some space right now to think things out further.
    If you don't hear anything by the end of today, send him a quick text to find out if he is okay and that you are thinking of him. He wants you in his life but if there is any strife, no one will be on the same page and you both will end Up... Moving on.
    Perhaps with What he said was supposed to be some closure for you and if you see that it seems he is 'Giving up on me,' Consider it just That.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• yes he is.