What should I do when my boyfriend is moving away?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a month. We started out as just a friendship but it turned into something more. Just recently he has had to move over a thousand miles away because of work related reasons. I don't know what I should do because he is going to move back, its just unsure when. At first he said it would only be two months and he would move back, but now he may have to stay longer. As of right now we both care for each other greatly but he says if it ends up being longer than a few months he doesn't think he can handle the distance. We're both unsure of what to do because he doesn't want to feel like he's leading me on by any means and I don't know if I should wait out the two months and see what happens or just give up. I don't want to give up though because he is almost certain that he should be back within the next few months, there's just that possibility that he may have to stay up to half a year instead. While he is away he wants to just put us as "friends" but it's being difficult considering the feelings we have for each other. We have decided that whatever the outcome we will still try to be friends, but as of boyfriend/girlfriend I'm just lost as to what we should do because right now I feel for him as more than just a friend, and he feels the same for me. Any advice?

01

What Guys Said 1

• To be honest long distance doesn't really work. So to answer it simply... no the boyfriend/girlfriend thing is not going to work. Sorry, so you should keep your options open for what's in front of you now and if you haven't found someone when/if he comes back then talk to him and see where things go from there

• I agree with what you are saying, long distant relationships are very hard and don't often work out (been there, and sadly done that). I appreciate you being honest.

• Np, time will heal these wounds. Be strong

What Girls Said 0