How long do you stick it out?

I won't go into tons of details but basically troubled marriage for quite some time. I don't hate him but I really don't love him either.
I've been in it for the kids for at least a couple of years but with huge fights every month or so (among other things) I'm emotionally burnt out.
How long would you stay in my shoes?

• Stay forever, you made a promise and you'll get through.
  • Stay until your kids are out of the house
  • Leave, the kids are young and will be fine
    Vote C
  • Why didn't you leave years ago?
    Vote D
Wow I'm very impressed with everybody's responses. I'm especially grateful to those of you who have been through this situation before. This is why we need people of many different ages on gag.
Even though your viewpoints are very diverse I can see the sense in all of them.
Thanks for the input everyone.

1222

Most Helpful Girl

• My mum did that "stick it out for the kids" shit and trust me it does more harm than good. I am a child of that relationship and I am telling you that now. You should leave him. When your children are old enough, tell them openly why you left him and trust me everything will be a lot better that way. Also, you said that you don't hate him which means that you and your partner can be civil towards each other. I would leave now before that changes. YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE... Don't waste your life with someone you don't even love when your kids could still find happiness because trust me as they get older they will see what you're doing, and I really wish my mother just left my father so that she could be happy. Enjoy life! I just looked at your profile picture and I think you are a very beautiful woman who just wants the best for her kids. For that I respect you. There is no reason why you can't have happy kids that still see their father and simultaneously be in a relationship that makes you excited and happy. You absolutely deserve it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE