What to do with my EX?

Hi guys, so my ex had dumped me a few months ago, however, soon after the break up he wanted to remain friends. That was on/off. Now, he wants to be best friends, (which ended up with some benefits) however since we've both been away for summer, he hasn't messaged or contacted me like he said he wanted to. He seems very keen on my other friend and even bothers to contact them and arrage plans. This leaves me feeling hurt since it seems like he is leading me on but now longer cares. Ideally, we should stay friends since we are going to the same school for the next two years. What should I do? is he just using me and leading me on? should I just forget him? Or should i give him time for this best friend thing to work?

42

Most Helpful Guy

• Do not give the "Best friend" or friend or friend with benefits a thought. All that will do is confuse you. Just think of him as a normal friend despite the past relationship. Take your mind off of him for a moment and think about your other (male) friends. Would you have an intimate relationship with them? Exactly. Just think of it like that and you will be fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• ... Some benefits...
    With This, no longer two birds of a feather, he is Mistaking your kindly Kindness for Woo Weakness, and is taking you and This for granted, knowing you will be around and still Feels you are His 'Ship' and Slip Mate.
    He has you in his back pocket and it seems he is self assured you won't jump ship from the bestie idea he has ever come up with. He can have his sweet cake and eat it Two by putting you on the back burner, contacting and seeing you when he feels like going with you on the Good ship Lollipop and in the Meantime... Seems keen on my other friend and even bothers to contact them..
    You need to sit this sailor down and make a few ground rules of your own. Tell him you enjoy being friends but will not be put out to sea this easily and if he thinks he is going to come and go like the wind, tell him to go blow.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 1

• Man like that, screw him. Dont waste anymore time with that. can't find a new one and back to the old one. Once he found it, so long to the old one.

What Girls Said 3

• Hey look you seem lovely and I am afraid he seems to be taking advantage of your feelings. You obviously never got the time to go through that break up stage properly because he started talking to you again and you needed space from him and I know it sucks that he is going for your friend now. You sound like you deserve waaaay better so lose contact with him for a while until you are over him and then consider having a friendship with him.

• He's using you. You're his booty call. Be nice but, don't see him on any other level past a casual friend. He's an asshole who doesn't want to pay for a whore, so he uses you.

• He is just using you , and leading you on, please walk away from it now before you get anymore hurt. I believe exes cannot be friends because one of them is usually still in love with the other and it complicates everything. But you can still say hi to him if you see him at school but that's it. I went through something similar and my ex kept leading me on until he found someone new and stopped talking to me.