Lessons learned after an abusive relationship?

I just got out of an emotionally abusive relationship. I had depression and he aggravated it to the point that I ended up in the hospital. I had to have 3 other friends of mine intervene to keep him away.

That's just the general part of it. I've grown so much since then and healed so much mentally. But what other benefits come from dating an abuser, or just an ass in general? Does it help with further relationships?

I hope so, I'm just asking because I'm losing hope and thinking that maybe I'll be doomed with relationships like this to come, and he made me feel so unlovable.

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• i don't know how i managed to get into a new relationship after I was sexually assaulted. my life was mucked up so much and it took me over a year to get close to another male.

it will all be ok in the end. depression sucks and it makes everything seem so much harder