Why would my ex write me, just to ignore me again?

So me and my ex have been broken up for a week now. He said he wanted to remain friends on Facebook and I said fine. Well then I started noticing him, putting up post and this girl constantly flirting with him. And him flirting back. So I told him I was gonna delete him, he then got all mad over it. so I waited a day, he kept flirting with the girl. So I finally deleted him cause it was hurting my feelings. Well not even like 20 mins, later he texting me saying. I look at this bamboo tree you gave me and it reminds me of our friendship. I hope your doing well, your a good women and deserve to be happy. I took a while cause I didn't know what to say. But I respounded. But then he didn't respound anymore. Why would he even write me just to ignore me all over again. All I Said was I'm doing alright, hope your doing good too. Well I'll let you go it's late and I know you have to get to bed. I didn't want to sound clingy. Do I only said so much.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• The writing on my wall and all here, dear, is telling me that your "EX" doesn't want to be in anymore Real Relationship nor hooked a the hip and also it Appears... He wants a bit of sweet cake and Eat it two, you could say.
    With this, he feels you both can be friends on Facebook and at the same time, which he expects you Not to Mind, he can be friendly with Other girls and this will be a happy ending to your own sad story.
    It's your call, your choice, if you want to go on this way, always feeling upset and This 'hurting my feelings.'
    If you feel you Know it is a raw deal, end the madness and the sadness and delete him from Facebook and carry on. I do not believe things will change much except maybe one day, should some Other 'good woman' come along, he will change his stats To... In a relationship.
    My own Newsfeed reads this one cannot be trusted and you shouldn't set yourself up to be Hurt all of the time.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• just ignore him, he's got a lot of maturing to do before he knows how to be a good friend

• he changed his mind.