How do I rebuild my self esteem and confidence?

After being cheated on, ridiculed, and played my self esteem is in the gutter. It feels like it will never get better :(

62

Most Helpful Guy

• Albert Einstein had a child out of wedlock, a failed first marriage, and then a second marriage to his cousin. Even brilliant people make bonehead mistakes.

1. Have you learned every lesson that you can from this experience?
    2. Do you know what to do so that you won't make the same mistake again?
    3. Do you have yourself over this guy and in no danger of giving into a moment of weakness and running back to the master of your personal disaster?

If so, you have done everything that you can do. Tell yourself that you are human and therefore expected to frequently make mistakes but you are learning from your mistakes and that is as efficient as a human can conduct himself or herself.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's all about the journey to finding inner peace. Work on accepting that you are worthy of love and happiness, and you are more than those men who took you for granted and did you wrong. None of them define you, so don't let their poor choices affect your self esteem. Bc you know good and well that they are out and about not letting you affect them and how they go about your life.

What Guys Said 1

• You dont have to feel guilty for one second for removing toxic people from your life. It doesn't matter if they are your husband boyfriend etc. An act like that shows they are inconsiderate almost pathological. look this up and read this; if it is familiar it will make you more mad than sad. www.psychologytoday.com/.../6-signs-narcissism-you-may-not-know-about

What Girls Said 5

• Hey
    I was in the same boat! But seriously, if there are cheaters, there are honest people too!
    Sure, they'll have to try harder now to get to my comfort zone, but if they're the one, they'll be patient

• Get back in the game :)

• I hear you. My self-esteem has been lowered a lot too. A guy I knew treated me awful. But you know you got to keep positive, because you don't deserve that treatment and you do deserve better. Stay positive and look after yourself, exercise helps too. Surround yourself with positive people. Focus on you, take up a hobby. Someday you'll meet a guy who knows how to treat you right. Good things are worth waiting for :)

• girl you don't need to look good for a guy for no one but yourself! Go get your nails done! do something thats going to make you feel great for yourself. learn to re love yourself. That person is an idiot for doing that. No one deserves to feel the way you are feeling.

• Compliment yourself at least once a day. Allow yourself to be vain. Treat yourself.