Should I breakup with my bf? He forgot my birthday?

Weve been together for almost 3 years and we been living together pretty much since we started dating. Today (08/10) is my birthday and im pretty sure he 100% forgot, I came to my moms house to sleep over the day before my bday, and didn't even remind him tht my bday was today, just to see if he cared enough to remember my special day.. as soon as i get to my moms all my family members greet me with "ready for your bday?" Cheering me making me feel special For the past two weeks when i was at me and my bfs house, he not once even said anything to me about my bday... due to the time we have been together i dont feel as if i should be the one who reminds him of things he should be on top of, & that really hurts, i know that he knows exaclty what date is my birthday as a matter of fact couple months ago he corrected a uncle of mine when he mistaked birthday date. So thats why i feel so hurt and disappointed on how he hasn't even sent me a text or anything. I am not going to remind him i want to see if he truly cares for me and the things that are special to me i dont want to be demanding or constantly reminding him becouse he is a grown man and he should already know how i feel becouse i have talked to him about how i feel in the past.. last year all i wanted to do was go out for my 21 birthday with him to go bar hoping, but that didn't even happen not even a damn card or ballon or chocolates or dinner or nothing. But then it was his 21 (which is a couple months from my bday) We went all out, celebrated "what he said both of our bdays" But whtever i just wanted him to have a good day so i let it go. But today its really bothering me i know for a fact he doesn't have anything planned.. why do i say that? Becouse yesterday in the morning his mother took us to super salad to eat and not once did my bday come up and his biggest concern was to was his clothes needed to be washed for night school. I don't know what to do i feel like im on the edge and im almost falling down...

• Breakup?
  • Makeup?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• Scenario 1: He forgets it and that alone is grounds for dumping him - every other nice thing he's done to make you stay with him for three years is null and void, it seems. Yeah, dump him, you are obviously not that attached if this is all it takes.

Scenario 2: He is pretending to have forgotten because he has a big surprise planned.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh hell, no.

Well he forgot your birthday so now he has to make amends. You can make him do anything that you wish under the pretext that he needs to make up for his mistake.

Ask him to cook for you or take you out to a holiday spot or anything else that your heart desires.

What Guys Said 5

• How many times has he forgotten your birthday? if this is the first time then please I hope this is not a reason for you to break up, even otherwise this alone shouldn't be a reason to break up with him. Please don't do that.

I know it can be annoying, have you ever tried to bring this up to him? have you pointed it out that this is bothering you?

• Yea exactly you should break up with him of course

- -
    -

• This guy is in night school. Cmon faith, Cmon now he's in night school. Faith what do you think?

• I would know and do something for my GFs birthday even if it was the first... one year is all it takes to remember one day, not even really...

• Seems like a bit of a shallow reason to dump him, don't you think?

What Girls Said 2

• Happy Birthday :) Yeah, three years is long enough time to know when your birthday is, you are right to be upset. Honestly, It's one of those situations where you weigh the good and bad of your boyfriend, what does he bring to the table? If he's not doing a great job as a partner overall, I would ditch him

• You should tell him about this and see what he says. my boyfriend of two years always forgets dates. he would never know unless I reminded him constantly.