I got cheated on. Why do I feel guilty and low?

312

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say you feel guilty because in your mind you are thinking "What did I do wrong? How could I have stopped this? or What could I have done better?". Don't feel like this, he cheated on you and the only person responsible for his actions is him. No matter the reason he did it it is NOT your fault! Are you married to this guy? If your just his girlfriend then dump him now. Once a cheater always a cheater I say.

• Nope not married! Broke up with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi! Feeling low is extremely common and totally acceptable. Feeling guilty, however, is not right. You have done nothing wrong at all. It's your stupid ex, who's gone and cheated on you instead of coming clean about maybe being attracted to someone new and just ending things with you first, before pursuing him/her.

What Guys Said 11

• Probably because the scum made you think it was your fault

• Yes he was very manipulative

• Probably because you think you made the wrong decision when looking for a partner. Just realize that there's no way around cheating. You're supposed to trust your partner, that's one of the rules of a monogamous relationship; if he breaks the rules, then it's his problem and his fault only. Whoever tells you you were wrong is just a lousy piece of shit.

• Of course, you will feel guilty, angry and low. It's normal however these feelings will slowly go away with time.

• Probably a self-message: he cheated on me because I wasn't good enough to satisfy him.

• If you want a good answer then you'll probably need to give us at least a few more details. How was you relationship before it happened. How was the sex? How often was the sex? Did you argue alot? Did you look at other guys? There could be lots of reasons but we won't know without details.

• Because you feel you were not good enough, that's why he had to cheat. Self pity is the reason for your guilt and sadness.

• Because you feel like you were not good enough, that even though you tried to make it work he never felt close enough to love you and only you.

• That's common, it's because you're blaming your self although you don't know that or you don't wanna admit it

• How are we suppossed to explain your feelings lol.

• Maybe for some deep reason you think you did something wrong to cause him to stray

• Maybe because you think of the times when you've been bitchy or unreasonable, or maybe because you feel you didn't fuck him enough.
    Could be any reason in the relationship, about what has happened prior to him cheating.

What Girls Said 2

• You have a feeling that you weren't good enough for him and that you didn't please as well as you think you did. Sorry that happened but don't feel guilty his lost and dumb mistake.

• You'll probably feel low because it's made you feel worthless and lowered your self- esteem. Maybe you feel guilty because a part of you blames yourself for the person cheating on you. Which of course , it is not 💙😊