My ex said he doesn't want to get back together because he wants to focus on studies and doesn't want a girlfriend. BS or not?

We were together for 3 years and we broke up 5 months ago because we were in a LDR, couldn't close the distance and he went back to school. He was a lazy ass during our relationship. After he dropped down school he was just home all day playing video games, for 2 years! Then he realized that's not good and that he needs to get his life in order, and since it was still impossible for me to move there, he broke it off. I wanted to go live in his country even before I met him, and now I got a job there finally, so I will be moving there next year. I told him about it and he wasn't even excited. He sounded happy for me but he said he just wants to focus on school now and doesn't want any girlfriend. That after he finishes school he will see what he wants. Well I feel like crap for reaching out to him to tell him the news, but I can't erase what I did. I was really sticking to no contact and was doing fine. Anyways, now that I know that even with close distance he doesn't want to be with me, I feel more relieved. There is nothing else that can be done and I won't ever ask myself "what if". I'm still moving there, though, with or without him. I just wonder if what he said is really true or a big pile of BS? He hasn't been with anyone since we broke up though. He had chances and I heard there were few girls chasing him but he just rejected them all. What do you guys think?

02

What Guys Said 2

• Well, he is rejecting the other girls too...
    Sounds like he is putting his career/studies first

• Sounds legit girlfriends can be a hassle and not everyone wants to deal with them

What Girls Said 0