Apologizing to an old ex?

Hey, Josh. I know this might come as a surprise after 4 years, but I just felt like I needed to do this. I see that you're in a relationship and this is no attempt to disrespect that. This is merely an attempt to apologize for what I did to you.

I know you probably know what a mentally-unstable and evil woman my mother is. If you don't, then now you know. Growing up, she was controlling and manipulative. I was her doormat. I didn't realize how she was controlling me. It was all I knew because she made my life hell every day if I didn't abide by her rules, and I couldn't leave because I had nowhere to go. So when she told me to cut you off after I had found out about everything, I just did it, even though in my heart, I knew it wasn't what I wanted to do.

I know it's probably hard to believe, but it hurt me a lot to do what I did and to ignore you. But, I did it anyway. For ending things the way I did, I deeply, wholeheartedly apologize. No one should ever hurt someone by disappearing on them without an explanation. It causes unbearable emotional pain and I can assure you that I have been paid back for what I did to you. I regret it so much, but that's why I wanted to apologize. I realize how immature and hurtful my actions were, and it hurts me to know that I did that to you.

I know neither one of us was perfect, and I was hurt, but that doesn't excuse my actions toward you. I hope you can forgive me.

I also just wanted to say that I'm sincerely happy for you. I hope you marry a wonderful woman and have everything you could want out of life.

With all that being said, this doesn't require a response. I just wanted to do what I could to make things right the best way I knew how.

I wish you the best.

- Aly

02

What Guys Said 2

• Wow... that is freakin crazy, cause that sounds eerily similar to why me and my ex girlfriend of 5 years broke up. But i know I would really appreciate a letter like that from her now, i would apologize back to her also.

• I have an ex who treated me pretty fucked up when she broke up with me.

I basically despise her now, like I could watch her suffer and be totally cool with that. A lot of that animosity would go away if she'd ever had the balls to apologize for being such an asshole.

I know for damn sure that I don't carry around all this hate because I want to.

What Girls Said 0