Guys, how did/would you deal with the end of a long term relationship?

Guys, how did you deal with the end of a long term if you was the ONE who ended it, if the girl meant a lot to you, say after 3 years of living together, being engaged and bringing up a child for 3 years as your own and you had only just booked your wedding with her... would you be able to date someone in a matter of 5/6 weeks after you and her broke up? Or would you be able to go back to an ex from before her?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• I broke off a 5 year relationship with two children involved. A year and a half passed before I considered a new partner, and found that I still wasn't ready. 2 to 3 years would be a reasonable time before dating someone else, not 5 to 6 weeks. Since it is a short amount of time, it might be a rebound relationship, or maybe he was already seeing that woman while in a relationship with you. I guess the answer to your question would be no, not after 5 to 6 weeks, unless I was in rebound, which can be a difficult thing to avoid sometimes if the emotional conditions are right.

• Does it change the rebound theory that this girl is his ex?

• Even though he's now involved with her child? .. could that still be rebound? Him meeting her child after the bond he had with my son for 3 years seems so soon...

• The child doesn't play into it much when rebounding. It is unfortunate that you and your child got hurt by this. Usually rebounds don't last long because there is no solid foundation, or the relationship is poor quality, and rebounds with ex's usually end for the same reasons their initial relationship ended, only now there is another child involved. How unfortunate.