Have you ever had a long term ex just cut out of your life forever?

I split up with an ex who I was seeing for nearly 2 years late July. Basically it wasn't the nicest break up, we were lying in bed one day and the next day I got a phone call saying its over, I accepted it and have never seen/heard from her since. She was off sleeping with another guy the following week and it did hurt me at the time.

I haven't seen or spoke with her since and it plays on my mind like every day. I must be mad but I still think of her and miss her and want her in my life again. Not as a partner but a pal.I bumped into one of her friends last night for the first time since it all happened and there was no mention of my ex or nothing. I guess everyone else has moved on except me, its bloody pathetic. I just find things so sad how someone can be part of your life, enjoying good times and then they're gone just like that.

I think I deal with that aspect really badly, it still bothers me to this day that I'll never speak or see her again. But is that how it always is? Have you ever had a long term ex just cut out of your life forever and that's how it works and I'm just being hypersensitive?
2
0