Why does my ex talk to me like I'm lower than him? Is he really insecure with himself?

I don't push my intelligence on people but I will elaborate if its a subject I know about. He always downplays my intelligence tells me he's smarter than me and will raise his voice. He just made a total 180 from the person I dated. I'm avoiding him now but why be such a jerk? I even asked him to read me since he says he's good at that... nothing positive. And I've never done anything bad to him that I know of.

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he's an exe for a reason and he deserves to retain that title.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup.
    If you can elaborate on something better than him, then he's feeling insecure that he doesn't have the upper hand. He'll feel like you're always downsizing him and making him realise he's ignorant.

If you can't downplay your intelligence around him, you need someone who's smart and has a opinions on various things. Someone with whom you can have a healthy exchange of ideas with. So ideally, he won't be your type.

But if you want to be in his good books, you'll have to stop yourself short. He probably thinks you're snooty, when you're probably not. It's just his impression because he can't deal with you head on. He may have started dating you cos you're smart, but if that smartness is coming back to bite him every corner, he asked for more than he can deal with. So yeah, avoidance is better.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Why is your ex acting as if he was still a boyfriend?

• Because he is insecure and probably believes you can do so much better than him. Some people hurt others in order to heal themselves. Lowering your confidence and self- worth raises his. The less you respond to negative people... the more peaceful your life will be.. Don't allow yourself to be defined by his negative opinions of you. If someone tries to bring you down... it's because they feel you are above them 💛😊