I'm Sorry You're Not The One?

https://thoughtcatalog.com/chelsea-forbes-terry/2014/06/im-sorry-youre-not-the-one/

What are your thoughts about this?

My boyfriend broke up with me recently and this post describes exactly how he feels. He told me almost the same what's written here.

How do I move on?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Well, give it some time, surely you will feel better with time as you will learn to accept this.

What Girls Said 1

• One of my ex-boyfriend's pretty much said the same things to me when he decided to end things. It was one of the two hardest break-ups for me, the other one being where the guy in question said "I still like you a lot, and maybe one day we can be more again".

I think moving on after a break-up should always follow the same pattern though: you cut him off. Entirely. If you don't, it will just prolong your pain and it will prevent you from moving on. Yes, it will hurt for a while and yes, you'll most likely feel like you'll never trust or love again and yes, there will be days when you'll feel better and then those days when you feel like you haven't moved at all.

Just try to be strong. Talk to people, post on here if there's nobody to talk, try to spend time with friends and family, try to spend time with things you enjoy doing. Don't just sit at home and brood over the things he said.

Mainly though, it just takes time. As cliché as it sounds, time really does heal our wounds. This too shall pass, as they say.