Why does my ex keep doing this to me if he doesn't want me anymore?

He goes In periods of not talking to me or ignoring me then when I'm about to give up and move on then he contacts me again. One period of time when I wasn't talking to him he even sent his friend to start hanging out with me to watch over me for him.

This time I'm ignoring him I'm trying to play hard to get to see if he will contact me but I think he caught on and is doing the same and now I think he's trying to trick me into contacting him.

It's fine when we're together it feels normal just like it always did and we act just like we did when we were dating.

I'm just soo confused I know there has to be a deeper reason why he does this I just can't figure out what the purpose is and why?

Guy's help?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry it's late here, fell asleep lol.

Unless an ex believes the relationship will be different/better than what he/she walked away from, they see no point in getting back together.
    Vague statements, conflicting signals and shifting positions often get many people so stressed out that they start acting in counter-productive ways. Men and women who are better able to detect (sometimes it’s”just your gut instinct), the inconsistent or contradicting information or signals from an ex and use that to elicit cooperation have a better chance of turning things around.

This is by Love Dr. yangy I kept it in a notes file on my iPhone for some time, it helped me and I think it will help you too. I see you "love" your ex and want him back. It will not be easy at the current stage you seem to be at, but it can be done :).

• If I were you, I’d try contacting him. There is no guarantee that he’ll respond or want to give the relationship another chance, but at least 6 months from now, you’ll not be wondering what would have happened if you had tried to contact him. You’ll at least know you gave it a try and he didn’t respond or had moved on. With love you just never know until you’ve given it a chance!

• 1. he may be feeling guilty for breaking up with you, doesn’t want you to hate him for it and trying to be your “friend” the best way he knows how.

2. For his own ego reasons (to see if she still has a certain effect on you).

These are all possibilities. He is the only one who really knows why he’s doing what he does.

On the other hand, if you want him back, then I suggest you stop this “why is he doing this to me?” victim mentality and get down to working on a plan/strategy to get him back:).

I had a girl once love me, and I her and still do more than anything ever. One day she just randomly stopped saying it and I became someone at the "bottom of her priority list", she basically let me know I no longer mean damn thing to her. It hurts bad, but I'm still here fighting for her. Stupid? some say yes, an I'm even start to think so, but she's worth it and then some to me. Now she even has a new boyfriend and he's mr. perfect. So chances for me are about zilch:3 So I hope things work for you:)

• He's not trying to be friends with me because if he was he would be contacting me more and not ignoring me when I contact him.

This is why I can't talk to him because I'm sick of him ignoring me every time I try and contact him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Breakup doesn't mean they can't and don't Makeup and that it's Goodbye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who Still Marks an X in his own softie spot here, dear, there is usually motive in mind when it comes time time down the love line When... He goes in periods of not talking to me or ignoring me...
    You both share some "His and Her" history together and along with this, he is also Missing the Kissing as well, I can tell. He may want you in his life without all of the strife but Not as two birds of a feather who stick together all of the time. He finds things comfy and cozy of being his own free bird, to do as he wants and whenever it is Convenient to even paint the town red with you if he wants to.
    He is this on and off faucet and as long as you both are In this together, you will be in what I call a "Full circle pattern," where it always comes full circle back to the "Way we were" and Nothing ventured, nothing gained and just a same ol story of who is willing to give in or who is Not willing to stand on ceremonies.
    Good luck. xx

• So what should I do next time he contacts me?

• He has in a sense.:)) xxoo

• What you need to do too is Move on' and don't give him this satisfaction of thinking you are sitting home waiting for him. xx

What Guys Said 2

• It's a game you're both playing. You can stop the game by having no contact of any kind. He didn't send his friend for protection he sent him to be his spy. This is the most immature relationship I've seen on this site

• What? I want to get back with him but al so have him stop his games so how do I do that?

• The better question is why would you want to be with someone so immature?

• He usually is not like this I don't know why he is doing this

• Try talking to him up front both stop playing games with each other explain things what have you got to lose

• We'll right now I'm trying to get him to contact me. How should I do that?

• First of all do not try make him jealous. Try no contact for a while give him time to miss you. Hard he needs to see what life is like without you and might regret that he let you go

• I know I can initiate contact but sometimes when I do he ignores me.

It's like he only shows he's true feelings for me when I'm there but when I'm not doesn't do anything

What Girls Said 2

• It seems that he is still interested in you. How do you feel about him?

• I love him and want him back. I always did but I just don't know why he's acting this way?

• Then maybe you can tell him that you don't want these games and that if he wants to try again he should let you know and if not then he should let you move on

• We'll why else would he be holding on to me?

• he's playing with you.