I don't know what to do?

Ok so here's the story: I met my ex 3 years ago (freshmen year in highschool) and we were friends for a while. We started dating sophomore year and at first I wasn't that attracted to her, but I decided to give it a try. We dated for two years and it was like we were made for each other. Everyone saw us as that cute couple that would get married or something. We are both commanding officers in JROTC (highschool military class) and we did everything together. School just started today and we are both seniors now. We broke up over the summer (three weeks ago to be exact). I was the one that ended a seemingly perfect relationship because I am completely confused about what the hell I want. It's terrible because I don't even understand my own emotions right now. The only thing keeping me sane is using logic. I thought that she wasn't what I'm looking for, but now I'm doubting my decision. I change my mind about what I want every second and I can't decide. When I get down to the core, it's that I'm attracted to two types of girls that are polar opposites. One is funny, smart, caring, outgoing, slightly dependent, cute (physically and mentally) and very loving. The other is also funny, loving, and smart, but she is also serious, more introverted, independent, and beautiful/sexy (physically and mentally). These two types reflect the two sides of my personality. At some times I am similar to the first girl, but at others I am similar to the second. My ex is exactly like the first one, but I only find the second one romantically attractive. I think of the first one as more of a companionship. This is causing a severe internal conflict within me. Our lack of communication about these matters in my relationship is also a problem. I'm going to my ex's house today to talk to her and if we can't figure something out, at least have some closure. I am completely confused about my own emotions and am trapped with indecision. Can anyone offer some advice, or message me?

10

What Girls Said 1

• Hey I am the one that called you a jerk. Hope you are not annoyed by me but hey we are all free to share our opinions. I am gonna give you an opinion without involving my own situation, okay? First I think that you are still too young to be stressed over this. I always say that if you are not sure about something - don't do it. It's been only 3 weeks since you broke up and it's normal to feel that way. I think it's good to meet up and really seriously talk about what's wrong. There was a reason you broke up and if that reason is still there then there and if it can't be fixed, then there's no point in getting back together. You gotta ask yourself is it you or her. It's probably something about her that you don't like anymore and you gotta her exactly what. I am sure she still loves you and if in any case the thing that bothered you about her she is willing to change, then maybe she is the one. But if it's nothing wrong with her, then you gotta spend some time alone, life your life and figure out what kind of a person you are and what you want. No one here can help you figure out what you want, it's all up to you, time and effort.

• Yea, I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I just need someone to give me their view on it. I've talked to friends and family, and I still can't decide. It's all a mess. Lol I don't dislike you. You're honest. Thanks for the advice!

What Guys Said 0