Why am I so upset over this girl?

I met this girl during a summer internship in LA and I can't stop thinking about her. I just got home yesterday and I really dont care much about my internship being over and leaving LA, I didn't really like LA anyway, but this girl has really messed me up. We never went out, never kissed, never got physical, we were just together hanging out everyday, and then boom I left and I have the thought in the back of my mind that I will probably never see her again because she lives in LA and I live in Maryland, and I dont have any plans on going back to LA anytime soon. I thought of her as just a friend for a while, but she started to seem like she was interested and then I was scared about the whole long distance relationship thing so I didn't ask her out or anything, but now that I am home I miss her so freaking much. I have cried about it 3 times today, and a few times on the plane (which really confused the guy sitting next to me), which is absolutely insane because I haven't cried since I was 10 or 11. During high school when girls shut me down or broke up with me, I wasn't this devastated at all, my girlfriend freshman year of college broke up with me and I didn't cry, I was sad because I liked her a lot but I didn't cry. This is different though, this girl has really left an impact on me, and for whatever reason I am an emotional wreck, why?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you have been so much together for a short amount of time, that it got a bit too intense. Now that you're aren't seeing each other more (as friends) your mind/body feels something is missing. I don't think it has something to do with love/feelings etc, you've just pulled yourself out of a situation, and you've sorta been codependent on this girl due to your intership, that you body is reacting to that. Give it some time and you'll be fine :-)

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe it's regret? You wished you had said something... anything and now it's too late? You know you can't do anything to change it now.

If you want my advice and I've been there man. Just learn from this... Learn that sometimes you need to say something. If you don't... you'll be left wondering all your life. And, maybe you even had a good chance... maybe not. But you wouldn't know unless you had taken some sort of action.

What Girls Said 2

• Why? Its quite simple, you see... she left a mark on the monument of your heart

• Why didn't you ask her out then? Maybe you're upset at yourself for not having done and said what you wanted to

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!